• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rahvin

Recruit
40 Badges
Apr 9, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
Love the game, it's significantly better than CK2 in many respects, and that was one of my top 3 all time faves.
Just need to take a moment to give some feedback on your "A Challanger" event: it sucks!
I mean it really, really sucks. Let me explain, random ruler ironman game: started with 3 county Count ruler in southeastern Africa(independent), spend 150 years building an empire that spans all of Africa and most of the Iberian Peninsula, I'm several times over the most powerful ruler in the world, I'm about a year away from going feudal(clan) from tribal, and bam- some idiotic event fires that makes a one county dirtbag challenge me to a duel for my entire empire.
My two choices were to accept with a 20% chance of winning(losing meant abdicating) or abdicating without fighting.
If you're going to have this event you need to at least have an option of: "F U, come take it on the battlefield" with a massive loss of prestige and/or piety.
As currently constituted, it's just horrifically designed, and the person responsible for it should be made to work outside all during the Swedish winter.
Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
  • 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Love the way you phrased it.
But, seriously, I like that this event is possible for tribal rulers, but the logic right now is ridiculous.
The second option is just useless, why would you 0% chance of winning instead of clicking not-0% chance of winning?
You don't get a claim if you lose the duel (???)
There's no option to go to war for it
There's no diplomatic option à la CK2 (Diplomatically explain why I can not)
The player can't do it, so it's an AI only event, why?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Love the way you phrased it.
But, seriously, I like that this event is possible for tribal rulers, but the logic right now is ridiculous.
The second option is just useless, why would you 0% chance of winning instead of clicking not-0% chance of winning?
You don't get a claim if you lose the duel (???)
There's no option to go to war for it
There's no diplomatic option à la CK2 (Diplomatically explain why I can not)
The player can't do it, so it's an AI only event, why?
Yeah, I have no problem with it being there, so long as they rework it so that it makes sense. The basic concept is true to the spirit of their treatment of tribal culture. I don't have a problem with it being unavoidable if it only results in the death of my current ruler, but to strip my top title to a character that has no standing to even make a challenge without even giving me a claim on the title is just wrong.
It's pretty silly and should really be changed.

Reactions: