Caught my wife cheating me... again.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nickaka

Recruit
29 Badges
Sep 6, 2020
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
As Emperor of Russia and founder of Vladinism, a new Christian faith, I found my wife cheating on me. An event with the option of an ultimatum with my wife came up. She had to break it up or I would punish her. I wanted to keep it secret to reduce the fallout for my heir. When she denied my request (10%...) and my ONLY option was to throw her in jail; I was now a tyrant...

Vladinism (my faith that had male and female adultery labeled as criminal) should have allowed this imprisonment 100% legal. I think there was a glitch and it was essential a tyrannical act.

To add to it all, I was challenged to battle for the title of Tsar from my high prowess (11...) cousin who shortly beat me and took the title-belt.

I was less than 10 years away from converting to a Feudal government.

All cool and a great story but I really feel like the tyrannical act is what cemented my demise from Tsardom. Still licking my wounds.

Secondly, what is a good way to claim my tribal Tsar-seat back? I can't seem to make a claimant Faction for myself. Should I start fighting for the kingdoms first?

Attachments

• Not tso nice.png
    Not tso nice.png
    3,5 MB · Views: 0
That challenge from a cousin is a special perk from the stewardship tree in case you didn’t know.
As to getting the tsardom back, you surely have a claim on the title so you should be able to go to war directly for that title even as a vassal.

I was playing 1066 Gwynedd, on my second generation having united Wales and gotten a foothold in Desmond and Ormond. My wife and I, both 40-ish, had one daughter and no other children. She was about to turn 16. I was grooming her carefully to be my heir when I suddenly discovered one of my mayors was her real father and the whole realm knew about it now. My wife is too old to have another child. I'm thinking about doing away with her and marrying some 18-20 year old in the hopes of having another child. Or maybe I'll just have to put up with the bozo heir I'm currently stuck with - a low-stat adulterating drunkard. I'm liking this game.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
I was playing 1066 Gwynedd, on my second generation having united Wales and gotten a foothold in Desmond and Ormond. My wife and I, both 40-ish, had one daughter and no other children. She was about to turn 16. I was grooming her carefully to be my heir when I suddenly discovered one of my mayors was her real father and the whole realm knew about it now. My wife is too old to have another child. I'm thinking about doing away with her and marrying some 18-20 year old in the hopes of having another child. Or maybe I'll just have to put up with the bozo heir I'm currently stuck with - a low-stat adulterating drunkard. I'm liking this game.
There is currently a event in the game that switches the real_father and replaces it a random father, so in fact the child is most likely yours the game just decide to switch the father into some lowborn mayor. Check this post for more detail

Reactions:
That challenge from a cousin is a special perk from the stewardship tree in case you didn’t know.
As to getting the tsardom back, you surely have a claim on the title so you should be able to go to war directly for that title even as a vassal.
That's the crazy thing, I don't have a claim on it. That's why I was asking if I should claim the majority of the kingdoms that make up the empire. Not sure how to proceed.

That's the crazy thing, I don't have a claim on it. That's why I was asking if I should claim the majority of the kingdoms that make up the empire. Not sure how to proceed.
Sounds like a bug to me. I’m pretty sure the AI had a claim on the title when I used this against them.