• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Its not possible for the moment get 770k and I waste my time!

I'm not sure how it's a waste of time to have fun playing a game. If you want to go for a high score, it could also be fun to optimize your tactics and strategy towards that goal while waiting on additional content. I know several other players are having a blast trying to reach the maximum score and some are coming very close with the existing content, so I'm not sure how it's a waste of time.

Surely you don't expect to be able to get the highest ranking on your first playthrough?

Its not possible for the moment get 770k and I waste my time!

So, the issue originally was that the posted "maximum" score was 770,015 when the score required for the achievement was identified as 784,000. Naturally, we presumed that the score maximums were hard caps and the complaint (which I think from this perspective is fair) is that technically then the highest achievement couldn't obtained. Also, the requirements to get every single listed point in the game (770,015) did not seem possible to do in a single play-through in the most direct fashion.

Then we discovered that several of the apparent maximums were not really maximums at all, and it was therefore possible to gain more points than the UI suggested you could. This opened up a whole new realm of possibilities, and people have been brainstorming ways to maximize the score with all sorts of counterintuitive and non-obvious tactics.

You can call that "gamey," I suppose, or think it's un-fun (I realize not everyone chuckles at the idea of playing Inner Sphere banker), but that's purely a matter of taste. You could also say the devs maybe could have gone about this better, and, in fairness, they probably will re-visit how the score system works and refine it. But for now, the Career Scoring situation presents a very interesting set of problems that I, for one, find it entertaining to solve.

So, the issue originally was that the posted "maximum" score was 770,015 when the score required for the achievement was identified as 784,000. Naturally, we presumed that the score maximums were hard caps and the complaint (which I think from this perspective is fair) is that technically then the highest achievement couldn't obtained. Also, the requirements to get every single listed point in the game (770,015) did not seem possible to do in a single play-through in the most direct fashion.

The other problem is that we all assumed that the numbers provided were a "maximum possible" and not a "target number". Just like in school testing, if you don't want to fail, your target number if somewhere around a 70. That doesn't mean you can't score higher than that. Similarly, grading is usually out of 100, but there are occasionally "extra credit" questions that allow scores over 100. The same thing applies here. Nowhere in the screen does it say "maximum". It just lists numbers. We all jumped to conclusion that those were maximums without too much consideration.

Then we discovered that several of the apparent maximums were not really maximums at all, and it was therefore possible to gain more points than the UI suggested you could. This opened up a whole new realm of possibilities, and people have been brainstorming ways to maximize the score with all sorts of counterintuitive and non-obvious tactics.

You can call that "gamey," I suppose, or think it's un-fun (I realize not everyone chuckles at the idea of playing Inner Sphere banker), but that's purely a matter of taste. You could also say the devs maybe could have gone about this better, and, in fairness, they probably will re-visit how the score system works and refine it. But for now, the Career Scoring situation presents a very interesting set of problems that I, for one, find it entertaining to solve.

Agreed! And, in all honesty, I didn't even pay attention to the steam achievements when I first looked at the scoring in my careers, so I didn't even REALIZE there was something beyond 'ELITE'. I mean, why would there be? I had a hard enough time getting 50% of the target points in my first career. To know that you can exceed those target values is great for all those reasons and because it means there is no "one true strategy". You can go hard after a few of those categories and make up for short-falls in others, which is brilliant in my book.

I fully expect to be refining my tactics and strategy over several careers and hope to someday achieve "Elite" status, but until "Elite" is something easily attained by myself, I'm not even worried about being able to achieve "Legendary" or "Kerensky" status.

I'm less concerned with hitting the maximum score at this point, I'd just like to not suck :)

I'm not sure how it's a waste of time to have fun playing a game. If you want to go for a high score, it could also be fun to optimize your tactics and strategy towards that goal while waiting on additional content. I know several other players are having a blast trying to reach the maximum score and some are coming very close with the existing content, so I'm not sure how it's a waste of time.

Surely you don't expect to be able to get the highest ranking on your first playthrough?

I play ironmode and after that I was trying beat the max score. But all the time I thinking are this possible earn 20 million every months. All the Another max score its possible do for me but not that c-bills! maybe not star system visit but I dont care about star system visit :p

I feel me sad and upset now :( I have only sleep 5h now and Before that was Wake almost 24h

I should note, Kiva in one of the streams said maximum score would be "possible, but very very difficult" by design.

I think the general problem with that is not that it is very, very difficult.. It's that the "hard" achievement is largely only possible on the easiest settings, not the hard ones. And the potential to get up to 120,000 points over an indicated cap from what is essentially abusing the shop, which is also easier on the easiest settings, making it unnecessary to get some of the truly "hard" points.

I'd really like to know what kind of score ranges that better players in HBS were getting in testing, or if anyone actually did the hard things. I've put hours on end into trying to solve 170 planets of travel and haven't been able to get a solution that works out without absolutely gutting your score in other areas due to lost time.

I should note, Kiva in one of the streams said maximum score would be "possible, but very very difficult" by design.

Yep. I'm just wondering if we're at least pointed in the right direction :)

I think the general problem with that is not that it is very, very difficult.. It's that the "hard" achievement is largely only possible on the easiest settings, not the hard ones. And the potential to get up to 120,000 points over an indicated cap from what is essentially abusing the shop, which is also easier on the easiest settings, making it unnecessary to get some of the truly "hard" points.

I'd really like to know what kind of score ranges that better players in HBS were getting in testing, or if anyone actually did the hard things. I've put hours on end into trying to solve 170 planets of travel and haven't been able to get a solution that works out without absolutely gutting your score in other areas due to lost time.

Yeah. I think the scoring may have missed the beat by practically requiring that you use the easiest settings in order to get the best score. It would make more sense (in my mind at least), to have each toggle impact a multiplier that is used to determine the final ranking.

Example:
  • Each additional part beyond 3 per mech is a 1% bonus on the final chassis-related scores (3 categories).
  • Using unequipped mechs is a 10% bonus on the final cbill score.
  • The remaining settings, since they are adjustable during the campaign, would modify the amount of points earned while they are in effect.
    • Using hard enemy forces is a 5% bonus on the contract score.
    • Using slow mechwarrior progression is a 5% bonus on the mechwarrior experience score.
    • Using unequipped mechs is a 5% bonus on c-bills
    • Using no rare salvage is a 1% bonus on c-bills
    • Using low salvage (the primary chassis category) and payment (cbills) is a 5% to their respective categories
      • On the flip side, using 'generous' salvage or payment would be a -5% instead.
    • Using mech destruction is a 10% bonus on chassis categories (3)
    • Using pilot lethality is a 10% bonus on mechwarrior xp.
I'm not sure if those are reasonable values but something like that would reward players that choose harder difficulties with higher scores. I would also suggest that the bonus be displayed so the player knows what they're getting into.

How is the achievement tracking visited systems?

I'm not entirely sure how it "knows" you visited a system, but if you get to the jump point, it adds to your score. My guess is there is something in the save file that marks a system as visited.

I have all mech chassin. I mean I have 1 part of all so I have 70.015 Points

but on complete chassin I have only 20.000 Points of 40.000 and yes I know on asullt chassin I need find more part to battlemaster but I this game is bug and not have Count my complete chassin on Heavy.

I have same problem when I play iron mode Before!

"1 part of all" is not "1 chassis of all". You need to have one of each completed chassis in a mechbay or in storage for them to count. If you sell the last copy, it no longer counts.

If you have 20,000 points of 40,000 and you are SURE that you have all the heavies, then you are missing either the lights or mediums. Do you have an Urbanmech?

The scoring works correctly, so if you're not getting the points you think you should be, then you need to look closer.

PNT-9R
LCT-1M
LCT-1S
LCT-1V
COM-1B
COM-2D
SDR-5V
UM-R60
FS9-H
JR7-D
CDA-2A
CDA-3C
BJ-1
VND-1R
CN9-A
CN9-AL
ENF-4R
HBK-4G
HBK-4P
TBT-5N
GRF-1N
GRF-1S
KTO-18
SHD-2D
SHD-2H
WVR-6K
WVR-6R
DRG-1N
QKD-4G
QKD-5A
CPLT-C1
CPLT-K2
JM6-A
JM6-S
TDR-5S
TDR-5SE
TDR-5SS
CTF-1X
GHR-5H
BL-6-KNT
ON1-K
ON1-V
AWS-8Q
AWS-8T
VTR-9B
VTR-9S
ZEU-6S
BLR-1G
STK-3F
HGN-733
HGN-733P
BNC-3E
BNC-3M
AS7-D
KGC-0000

• BSC - Flashpoint reward Big Steel Claw
  • GRF-4N - Flashpoint reward - Star League Griffin
  • BL-6b-KNT - Star League Black Knight
  • HGN-732b - Star League Highlander
  • AS7-D-HT - Star League Atlas
  • HCT-3F - Flashpoint content
  • CP-10-Q - Flashpoint content
  • CP-10-Z - Flashpoint content
  • CRB-27 - Flashpoint content

"1 part of all" is not "1 chassis of all". You need to have one of each completed chassis in a mechbay or in storage for them to count. If you sell the last copy, it no longer counts.

If you have 20,000 points of 40,000 and you are SURE that you have all the heavies, then you are missing either the lights or mediums. Do you have an Urbanmech?

The scoring works correctly, so if you're not getting the points you think you should be, then you need to look closer.

PNT-9R
LCT-1M
LCT-1S
LCT-1V
COM-1B
COM-2D
SDR-5V
UM-R60
FS9-H
JR7-D
CDA-2A
CDA-3C
BJ-1
VND-1R
CN9-A
CN9-AL
ENF-4R
HBK-4G
HBK-4P
TBT-5N
GRF-1N
GRF-1S
KTO-18
SHD-2D
SHD-2H
WVR-6K
WVR-6R
DRG-1N
QKD-4G
QKD-5A
CPLT-C1
CPLT-K2
JM6-A
JM6-S
TDR-5S
TDR-5SE
TDR-5SS
CTF-1X
GHR-5H
BL-6-KNT
ON1-K
ON1-V
AWS-8Q
AWS-8T
VTR-9B
VTR-9S
ZEU-6S
BLR-1G
STK-3F
HGN-733
HGN-733P
BNC-3E
BNC-3M
AS7-D
KGC-0000

• GRF-4N - Flashpoint reward - Star League Griffin
  • HGN-732b - Star League Highlander
  • HCT-3F - Flashpoint content
  • CP-10-Q - Flashpoint content
  • CP-10-Z - Flashpoint content
  • CRB-27 - Flashpoint content

Do I need all that special mechs for get score 40.000/40.000 ?

Yes I have urban mech and get 10k after get him. When I get vindicator I get medium complete but if I need all taht special mech I dont have all mechs :p

I dont have

What is Star League?

Last edited:
Yes but where I find
I have pieces of the SLDF Highlander and Atlas during FLASHPOINTS. And from what I’ve heard, the Black Market can sometimes offer up either pieces or the entire SLDF Mech.

Do I need all that special mechs for get score 40.000/40.000 ?

Yes I have urban mech and get 10k after get him. When I get vindicator I get medium complete but if I need all taht special mech I dont have all mechs :p

I dont have

You shouldn't need the special mechs to get the "Mech Weight Class Completion" points (40k) or "Mech Chassis Completion" points (25k). The special mechs would only add to the Mech Chassis points. And you will only see that you scored over the target once your career score is finalized on day 1200.

163 days to go and still yet to see an AWS-8T or HGN-733 to complete the assault chassis - my 4+ contracts have been at regional Tank Expo 3025.

163 days to go and still yet to see an AWS-8T or HGN-733 to complete the assault chassis - my 4+ contracts have been at regional Tank Expo 3025.
I got lucky between the 200 and 100 “days remaining” mark in my first Career Mode attempt. For me it was the HGN-733 too. I had passed up so many HGN-733 Salvage opportunities earlier in the attempt, I was beginning to worry. But then they came back into use and were available for Salvage.

Good luck! :bow:

Last edited: