• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vityviktor

General
109 Badges
Jul 18, 2011
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
So i get my steam "Teleglitch: Die more edition" from Desura, but when i'm trying to register it in steam this appears:

"Please first activate the original game

The product code you've entered requires ownership of another product before activation.

If you are trying to activate an expansion pack or downloadable content, please first activate the original game, then activate this additional content."

What's happening? Is this because "Teleglitch: DME" is not yet on steam and i should wait until release?

Hey Vityviktor,

We're looking into what might be causing that message to appear. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear anything!

Have you two bought the pre-order or did you get the keys from Desura because you own the original game?

Still working on it.

We believe the keys you are trying to activate are keys for the Pre-order bonus, and not the base game. These keys will be sent out at release.

If you send me your Steam username and the keys you are trying to activate to my email at staffan.berglen@paradoxplaza.com, I can investigate it further with the help of Steam.

Hey guys. I have news.
If you go to this link : http://www.desura.com/collection and press the keys button on Teleglitch, you will see all the steam codes. The one you want to enter to register the game on steam is "Steam Key", NOT "Preorder Steam Key". That way, the game activates on Steam. BUT it still doesn't show up on the games library and as such, you will not be able to play or install the game. Still, its progress.

Hey guys. I have news.
If you go to this link : http://www.desura.com/collection and press the keys button on Teleglitch, you will see all the steam codes. The one you want to enter to register the game on steam is "Steam Key", NOT "Preorder Steam Key". That way, the game activates on Steam. BUT it still doesn't show up on the games library and as such, you will not be able to play or install the game. Still, its progress.

Great find savaghost, I will add this to the game FAQ.

It indeed it appears that the keys you have been trying to register is the key for the pre-order items and not the base game.

That it still doesn't appear in the library is working as intended; it will pop up there once the game is released.

GamersGate gave me a key that does work, but the old key now says I already have it's content.

Have I got everything now with one key? Is the second key useless? What was it?

Thanks.

If Steam says you own the content, then you own the content is my guess :)