• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nicholas Steel

Recruit
13 Badges
Oct 19, 2019
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
The website says
400 - {"result":"Failure","errorCode":"code-not-found","errorMessage":"No matching redeem codes were found"}
when I attempt to register my GOG copy, there's also no option to link my GOG account to my Paradox account. Apparently I must register my GOG copy in order to get the free Steam copy to acknowledge my DLC purchases?

Last edited:
There is no way to link GoG and Paradox accounts as GoG do not have an API for that purpose, unlike Steam.

You have successfully registered AoW3 on our forum, you can see its icon under your name here.

But that is just for show here, it has nothing to do with getting a free Steam version of the game.

Buying a non-Steam version of our games from GoG does not come with an entitlement to a free Steam version as well (as that would cost us the profit we made from your GoG purchase!). Can I ask whether you've seen anything that says differently about this game?

Hmmm, I guess I got in to a situation that confused me. It looks like I bought a retail copy of the game on Steam? It lists it in my "Licenses and product key activation's" page on Steam but I don't remember doing that... all I can recall is buying the DLC for the GOG version >.>" so maybe I did get a retail copy for Steam and then the GOG Connect service gave me a free copy of the game on GOG(?) and I totally forgot about the copy I already had on Steam (or GOG had a better discount on the DLC at some point in time).

The part that confused me was the
On linking account We are using a feature in the Steam API when we 'link' accounts. This gives us the option to verify ownership of products linked to the AoW3 game - i.e. the game and and linked DLC - nothing more, because Gabe wouldn't stand for it.
section on the Steam forum, it made me think I somehow got a free copy on Steam because I had seemingly 100% forgotten I already had a copy of the game on Steam (without the DLC) lol.