• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AlexPGP

Recruit
1 Badges
May 31, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II
Bought and downloaded the new dlc but it won’t show up in the launcher or game, I have 6 other dlcs but this one won’t show up, tried reloading and reinstalling but nothing works

What game version shows in the launcher, and main game menu?

Please do a Steam Flush Config

THEN Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-EU4
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/EU4 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam EU4 or Documents EU4 locations, before installing again.

Good luck!

E62D0918-04D4-4080-B349-1DC69B527DC9.jpeg
Seems the file folder is missing the “dlc__” folder that’s in all the other dlc

In your Xbox app click on the EU4 "More Actions" symbol. View Details then Show All. Does this DLC show there as owned/installed or for sale?

I have this same issue. Most reviews on the Microsoft Store show the same issue as well.

Launcher Version Shows: 2022.9-SE
Game Version Shows: 1.34.2.0 Sweden (5955)

The DLC shows as installed in my Xbox app and on the Microsoft Store, but isn't detected in the launcher or game. I have all other DLC on the Microsoft Store version, and they are working just fine.