• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Except For The Fact That They Will Not Accept The Marriage Offer Because They Won't Negotiate With Heathens.

I Still Feel That If I Have Somebody Imprisoned, No Matter If They Are A Lord Or Not, I Should Be Able To Force Them To Marry One Of My Courtiers, This Has Happened Historically, For Example The Breton Crisis, Where The King Of France Took The Queen Of Brittany Captive And Forced Her To Marry Him
So you want to force the woman you have in the dungeon to marry someone of a different faith?

It might take some effort, but if you recruit them (this will release them, but put them in your court if they're unlanded), ask them to convert, and then arrange the marriage, it *might* work.

If she's already your vassal, you may be able to just demand conversion (which will release her) and request the marriage.

It's a different matter to be able to marry your noble prisoner to you, as a king (or higher rank noble), and to marry them to a random courtier. Either way though, and the same for making them a concubine, It's a little distasteful to make this sort of forced marriage.

Like we already said: If someone is already your courtier then you can force them to marry any other courtier or person who's marriage you restricted. Religion has nothing to do with it. But if someone is your prisoner then they might temporarily reside in your "court"(=dungeon) but they are NOT your courtier! So they still have another liege and they have no reason to obey you.

Like we already said: If someone is already your courtier then you can force them to marry any other courtier or person who's marriage you restricted. Religion has nothing to do with it. But if someone is your prisoner then they might temporarily reside in your "court"(=dungeon) but they are NOT your courtier! So they still have another liege and they have no reason to obey you.
As I Already Said, The Person I Am Trying To Force Marriage With Is My Vassal.

So you want to force the woman you have in the dungeon to marry someone of a different faith?

It might take some effort, but if you recruit them (this will release them, but put them in your court if they're unlanded), ask them to convert, and then arrange the marriage, it *might* work.

If she's already your vassal, you may be able to just demand conversion (which will release her) and request the marriage.

It's a different matter to be able to marry your noble prisoner to you, as a king (or higher rank noble), and to marry them to a random courtier. Either way though, and the same for making them a concubine, It's a little distasteful to make this sort of forced marriage.
For Some Reason I Didn't Think Of This, I'll Try It.

Why Do You Spell Capitalise And Roboticise With A 'Z' Instead Of An 'S'?
I'd guess because they're taught American English.

I don't know what branch of English is supposed to teach capitalising every word, rather than the start of sentences and proper nouns.