• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Castillon

Recruit
36 Badges
Jun 6, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Do anyone know how i get this dlc ? apparently it's supposed to be free but i don't have it even with most of the game dlc beside few "content pack" and "ultimate portrait" one, and i can't even buy it, all my west africans keep looking like arabs it's break my immersion.

Do anyone know how i get this dlc ? apparently it's supposed to be free but i don't have it even with most of the game dlc beside few "content pack" and "ultimate portrait" one, and i can't even buy it, all my west africans keep looking like arabs it's break my immersion.

It should be in your launcher.
I don't know for sure, but by what i found it should be free like the south inidan portraits.

Interesting that i found the latter in my DLC list on Steam, but not the African Portraits DLC.
Which is weird as Steamdb still lists it.

Alternatively have a look inside the dlc folder of CK2 in Steamapps/common for the dlc013.zip.

What else you can try is go into CK2 Steams' properties, there select DLC and in the list should be the African Portrait DLC.
Assuming you find it there it might help to uncheck and reselect the DLC on the left column where it says "Install" on the top.
That worked in the past in similar cases.

IF you find no answer nor get a tech support response here, then you can open a ticket at tech support
directly https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us
There you should always get a response.

Last edited:
Hello, i tried the steam properties thing but the dlc is not in list and on the game launcher african portrait isn't owned (grey), i also tried reinstalling the game with no succes, i posted that message on the forum because the tech support sent me here saying they can't do anything and the devs come here frequently.

Hello, i tried the steam properties thing but the dlc is not in list and on the game launcher african portrait isn't owned (grey), i also tried reinstalling the game with no succes,

Interesting.
As i own the game since 2012 and all gameplay related DLCs nowadays i'm not sure if it's the same for me as for someone who bought
the DLCs later. I believe to recall they changed the status of the DLC when they released the East African portraits included in the Reapers Due Content Pack, but i don't think you'd need that for the general african portraits. That would be slightly outrageous.
Do you own the RP Content Pack DLC ?

Anyway, lets go back to hoping just something's technically incorrect here....

So my only ideas left i got are :

1)
Did you do an integrity check of game files in Steam (CK2 properties -Local Files)?
That's usually the easiest and first thing to try.
Sometimes better than reinstallation, hence my suggestion.

2)
Can you have a look inside the dlc folder if the aforementioned dlc013.zip file is inside it ?

IF yes, then i'd suggest to rename the CK2 folder in Documents and start fresh. The folder will automatically get recreated.
Why ? As that will recreate a new dlc_signature file that's inside the CK2 folder there and it recognises which DLCs you own.

Maybe that file is outdated, corrupted or whatnot.

Alternatively to renaming the whole CK2 folder in Documents (if for example you have lots of Workshop mods etc) you can simply move the
dlc_signature file out of the CK2 folder (to potentially move it back in later again) and let it be automatically recreated on launch.

3)
IF nothing of the above helps....
Maybe the dlc013.zip is broken.
You could try then to move that file and its corresponding *.dlc file out of the dlc folder, do a verify integrity check, hope that it downloads again and that this somehow fixes it magically. That's most likely really my last idea of an attempt to fix this.

i posted that message on the forum because the tech support sent me here saying they can't do anything and the devs come here frequently.
Oh.....
That's a weird response.

Tech support activity here and for Vic2 is suspiciously low recently and i haven't seen a dev response for many, many years.
Who knows, maybe the one tech support guy we all know is just on a temporary break or so.
The persons at the Paradox support desk should be the same as here or at least that's what i had been told and used to be the case.

Last edited:
Actually i have a last thought, you probably should try the suggestion of renaming the CK2 folder in Documents to have it all
recreated fresh afterwards, as it could also be caused by the settings.txt file or whatnot in there.
Especially if you own CK2 for many years already and haven't fully reinstalled it (including the folder in Documents) since.

1) Tried that and it changed nothing
2) that zip is not in it, tried to delete the dlc and metadate folder, downloaded them again and it didn't work, deleted the ck2 folder in document too didn't work.
For more information i purchased all the dlc back in 2018 and holy fury when it came out, my friend who own exactly the same dlc own the african portrait dlc

1) Tried that and it changed nothing
2) that zip is not in it, tried to delete the dlc and metadate folder, downloaded them again and it didn't work, deleted the ck2 folder in document too didn't work.

Good to know. Sad that it didn't help.

For more information i purchased all the dlc back in 2018 and holy fury when it came out, my friend who own exactly the same dlc own the african portrait dlc

If you already contacted Paradox tech support via ticket, then i would do it again to give you at least some sort of information,
as when and how the DLC should be available,so if in general or only by owning a specific DLC or such.
They seem to have not really made an attempt to help, but hard to tell from my perspective.

You could maybe ask them if it would be okay (legally) to get the DLC files (which are free) send via link here, but i'm not sure that would help,
as it might still need registration as other DLCs and then the files alone should/would likely be useless.

Else i can only suggest to contact Steam and ask them if there is some issue with your account or the game or the specific DLC database.
Maybe by the database change in 2 January 2023 (see Steam database link in my first post) caused some error.
I know it's a bit hidden, but there is some way to open a regular support ticket at Steam, but i don't remember how exactly anymore.
Maybe it's a Steam issue.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Here what the support told me, im going crazy

Attachments

• para1.jpg
    para1.jpg
    108,5 KB · Views: 0
  • para2.jpg
    para2.jpg
    75,4 KB · Views: 0
I got an answer from a different person from the support, according to him the african portrait is now in the ultimate portrait pack even if it not on the steam page, i say this here in case someone encounter the same problem

Reactions:
I think we can say that support refuse to help

I had a similar experience a year or so ago.
I also gave up.
Got the impression i talk with a wall or in modern terms with a dumb AI.
Modern examples on how to prevent actualy providing support and rather have a monolgue and ignoring a customer.
Or they are just not competent enough or overwhelmed with all the issues of all Paradox games....or more likely understaffed.
Or all of that together. It sure isn't easy to be a support guy, to be fair.
I dunno.....

I got an answer from a different person from the support, according to him the african portrait is now in the ultimate portrait pack even if it not on the steam page, i say this here in case someone encounter the same problem

Ahhh,...alright.
Good to know.
You got the ultimate poortrait pack, going by your opening post.
Is that pack listed in your DLC list in the games' Steam properties i mentioned earlier ?
If so, maybe try the un-and reselect thing again that i suggested earlier with this one now.

Oh.....you said "besides few "content pack" and "ultimate portrait" one".
Ah well.

Sad that it is not simply downloaded,...though be be fair it still kind of makes sense, as the reason for it becoming free were the issues arising
with the second african portaits released and the justified complaints to suddenly having to basically to pay twice when
all africans had been covered beforehand by a DLC already, as far as i recall.

At least you got your answer and asking on the support desk finally worked and made sense afterall.
Yippie, i suppose.

Cheers.

I'll bookmark this, so i'll know better next time.

Last edited: