• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

aprogressivist

Hungry Xenophage
90 Badges
Sep 6, 2008
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
Ok, maybe I'm being lame, but I can't seem to figure out how to reset my camera to a playable angle.

I seem to be stuck in a zoomed out mode and pressing to zoom in does nothing. I'm uncomfortably far away from the action and find it hard to do precise actions. It's close to unplayable atm.

Any tips? I've tried free look but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Make sure that Steam has updated your game. If it has, then save and reload the save and the camera should get reset at least that's what the patch notes state.

When this happened to me, I spun my mouse wheel to try to zoom in for about 30 seconds constantly and eventually it unstuck, but I use a Logitech mouse that has the hyper scroll wheel, so when I spin the mouse wheel with one good flick, it will scroll down an excell document to about line 750 where as a regular mouse and flicking the wheel will usually only scroll down about 20 lines, so it may take longer to get it to unstick if you are using a regular mouse and it may not work at all for that matter.

So make sure your game is patched and then save and reload and see if it resets the camera for you, if it doesn't then post about it in the tech forum so they know their fix didn't work in the patch. Hopefully saving and reloading will work for you with the new patch.

I started playing after the patch but my camera control got messed up and now i cant get it to work properly, worked perfectly or the first 7 hours.

Yep, completely broken, restart and saving reloading doesnt help either. Cant zoom in and move camera very well, because of this its impossible to dig directly down for example. :( Will stop playing for now, hopefully gets fixed soon.

Last edited:
I'm getting the same bug a lot. I'm not sure if it's related, but i've also had the camera jump seemingly by itself (without any input) to odd angles and sometimes even random levels (camera jumps up to ground level, but nothing happens and no monsters attack or other event seems to be triggered.)

Darn annoying, that camera zoom getting stuck bug. Is there anything to try? Saving and quitting seems to make it worse; every time i save and reload the camera is zoomed out further. None of the zoom controls seem to work after the bug occurs.

P.S.: Please add a ctrl-shift to sell x1000!

Edit:

Just had it happen again. I opened the Hemfort menu, pressed left shift and clicked to sell some wood: the camera jumped to another angle and zoom breaks.

Last edited: