• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

swilhelm73

Strong Badder then You
28 Badges
Mar 27, 2001
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Playing as Nomadic Khazaria I've conquered most of the world and I'm waiting for the Aztecs and Mongols. Its only around 900 AD so to pass the time I figure I should invade China.

My army right now is about 200K with a mix of Camels, Light Cav, and Heavy Vanguard Nomadic troops. These troops have been fine fighting anyone and everyone to this point....but I'm wonder if I should just switch over to 100% camels so that I always get the right tactics in battles against China....were this might matter more.

Thoughts?

Best to deploy them in packs of twenty.

I ended up defeating China pretty easily without even getting rid of the older light cav/heavy vanguard stacks.

I was at tech 3 with all the Nomad tech 3 buildings. I kept my troops away from the Chinese doom stacks until the doom stacks broke up....and then bounced on them. After killing about half their armies and overrunning a couple of minor powers they had as tributaries China made peace...it took maybe 1.5 years?

I guess this means the Aztecs/Mongols in 200 years or so are going to be even bigger pushovers.

Best to deploy them in packs of twenty.

f7b.gif