• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(90762)

First Lieutenant
6 Badges
Jan 11, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Majesty 2
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
According to Wikipedia, the double-headed eagle that Byzantium currently uses as their flag, is actually the insignia of the Palaiologoi.

Problem: The Palaiologoi are the outcasts in Krete. Using the Palaiologoi symbols as the Byzantines is a bit of a lie.

Solution: Swap the flag-tags for the time being, and include in the event the absorption of Krete the inheritance of the Palaiologoi insignia.

Thoughts?

Early objection answer: They wouldn't use the flag to maintain any pretense of being an accepted imperial court. They'd use their own flag for the vanity of it.

Time Consumer said:
According to Wikipedia, the double-headed eagle that Byzantium currently uses as their flag, is actually the insignia of the Palaiologoi.

Problem: The Palaiologoi are the outcasts in Krete. Using the Palaiologoi symbols as the Byzantines is a bit of a lie.

Solution: Swap the flag-tags for the time being, and include in the event the absorption of Krete the inheritance of the Palaiologoi insignia.

Thoughts?

Early objection answer: They wouldn't use the flag to maintain any pretense of being an accepted imperial court. They'd use their own flag for the vanity of it.

This seems to be right.

I have located the shields for Palaiologos, Komnenos and Doukas, three of the dynasties the Byzantine fule uses. I still need something for the Bulgaros (maybe just stays the generic empire flag) and the Laskarides.

Then, we can use the Imperial flag as the flag for all versions, but depending on which family is emperor, the shields can change to those of Palaiologos (double-headed eagle) Komnenos (the imperial flag) Doukas (white cross on blue) or the others when I find them.

As for Crete, I'd suggest the same. If the Palaiologos family is ruling there, the shield (only) could have their double-eagle standard.

You might be interested in the work I've done for A4K some time ago... I can remake it to latin EGUFSM format if you wish, I still have the source images for all of these:
byzantineshieldsse5.png

EDIT
The CoAs used here were made largely in accordance to THIS page, with exceptions of the Monomachoi and the Boulgaroi. The latter are a combination of a cross or on gules (the Palaiologos logo without the four B's) and the flag of Bulgaria that A4K uses: three lions passant gules on or. This was made according to Jedrek's (the chief developer of A4K) proposal. If I remember correctly, it was the CoA of some Bulgarian ruling house from the 11th or 12th century.

Last edited:
Bingo.

Thank you.

We will use these.

We don't currently use EHUSFM in Interregnum, mostly because (insert lame excuse here).

So, I'll jusr use the ones you have here, although I'll download A4K to get them.

Regards,

Matty

I haven't abandoned the project of EGUFSMising Interregnum. I just had to lay it to rest for some time, which (the laying to rest) will be present for another month due to school stuff. Afterwards, I will eagerly return to work.