• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If it's a road that requires road-side parking, I would not have a bus lane there.

What you would do and what others would do doesn't necessarily match up. Just saying. :D

I am going to hazard a guess and say that a lot of advanced traffic options are going to become available in DLC form in the future. Now the game is selling like hot cakes I would expect the EU4/CK2 model to be followed and that means DLC to renew replayability of the game. Public Transport is clearly of interest to CO due to CIM so it isn't too big a stretch to imagine this being one of the first DLCs either.

Could you build a road with no frontages to buildings, but has bus stops and pedestrian paths to and from it? That would be a separate bus road? This will mean that as long as it doesn't have junctions with other roads you have a dedicated bus road with no other traffic on.

All for specific traffic type lanes, the ones for me would be:

Bus Lanes
Service Lanes
Industrial/Residential, etc, Only Lanes
Emergency Service Lanes

But I'm sure as I played more I'd want additional types!

Reactions:
Could you build a road with no frontages to buildings, but has bus stops and pedestrian paths to and from it? That would be a separate bus road? This will mean that as long as it doesn't have junctions with other roads you have a dedicated bus road with no other traffic on.

I suppose you'd have to have the Bus Depot on that road, but it could work in theory.

It should probably be possible to mod in an "all vehicle banned except busses" rule to the district tool maybe. That way you can make roads that only buses can use. Proper bus lanes probably won't happen for a long time, CO need to program that and it would probably be extremely tricky.

I find it very odd when bus lanes are in the middle of a multiple lane road. Surely that means the bus has to pull across traffic in order to stop at bus stops.
Am I missing something?
The road in the screenshot is actually just a parking bay beside the pavement and then a bus lane in the inside in each direction. So there's going to be no other traffic (beside buses) as it's essentially a bus-only road with parking bays (which the player has used as a substitute for bus stop pull-ins).