• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MarkRNY

Second Lieutenant
22 Badges
Jan 12, 2017
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
I'm coming off HOI3-Black Ice (latest version) where I have to build a ton of IC to be competitive as the US. Does the same hold true for Darkest Hour? That was one of the aggravating things about BICE. So much IC had to be built that there was very little time left to build anything else, especially Capital ships/Carriers.

I'm finally going to start a game. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm coming off HOI3-Black Ice (latest version) where I have to build a ton of IC to be competitive as the US. Does the same hold true for Darkest Hour? That was one of the aggravating things about BICE. So much IC had to be built that there was very little time left to build anything else, especially Capital ships/Carriers.

I'm finally going to start a game. Any advice would be appreciated.
I don't have much experience but 20 IC for Germany isn't too bad. Finishes around '37-'38 maybe.

Assuming you play vanilla, as the US you dont really need to build IC, but building up an army before '39 is a waste of time. Stick to IC building to counter both Japan and Germany. I wont go into strats however of how to use it. As a rule of thumb, if starting on '33, build IC until 2 or 1.5 years before the war starts for you then stop all IC production and focus on army.

Last edited: