• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gunnar

Second Lieutenant
7 Badges
Dec 22, 1999
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Hi,

I just downloaded the mod some two days ago and tried it out. Seems nice, havn't played for long at all, but something struck me as a bit odd, and I figured it might be a bug:

(btw, playing sr6 rs4 w1, and 1.03b).

Playing as the US in the 1942 scenario, a lot of the US cruisers seem to have destroyer-like stats. Sea Attack value of 4. And when trying to upgrade them, it shows that upgrading it to an Improved Cruiser will give it an SAV of 7. Other ships, that seem to be "real" cruisers get a SAV of 14.

Examples of ships are for instance USS Milwuakee, and USS Cincinatti. But there are plenty of cruisers like this, so just look around and you'll find them.

Second, it's great that the unit leaders show their abilities in their names now. But quite a few have an "O" in their name, instead of (LW)(OD) etc, which usually means they have a skill, but it doesn't seem to follow any naming convention. The "O" can be in the middle of the name etc.

I got plans to play this mod in a mulitplayer game, I think I read somewhere that there are specific mp scenarios. Or does any of the included scenarios fit an MP campaign as well? I lived under the impression that they were mainly for SP use. Our usual set up is that one play Germany, and the other one of the non-Axis powers.

Keep up the modding...

Last edited:
Playing as the US in the 1942 scenario, a lot of the US cruisers seem to have destroyer-like stats. Sea Attack value of 4. And when trying to upgrade them, it shows that upgrading it to an Improved Cruiser will give it an SAV of 7. Other ships, that seem to be "real" cruisers get a SAV of 14.
HAVE NOT CHANGED US CRUISERS :)

The "O" can be in the middle of the name etc.
Did not notice, will check that!

Or does any of the included scenarios fit an MP campaign as well?
The included MP-scnarios need all players on one side but then create a challenge just like SR does in SP.

Check the homepage for info

Ok, saw myself that there was a new version out, with MP scenarios.

Is there any thoughts on making a MP scenario with human players on both sides of the conflict?

The Cruiser "bug" is still in effect, but maybe it's to simulate some kind of special cruiser type I'm not aware of.

The name-trait "bug", atleast for the naval leaders (USA here, still the 1941 scenario "Awakening the giant") is still in effect. If you take a look you'll see that you have (ST)Hart, but OHalsey, and OBeary.

For some reason my scroll wheel function got inverted after installing this latest version as well. hmm.

Off to some gaming now :)