• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Oranje

Major
15 Badges
Jun 11, 2000
home.hetnet.nl
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
Hello Johan,

Thanks again for the quick patch to the german release.
Allthough it cures the most important problems with the game, there's a few (minor) remaining problems that I ran into sofar.

1.If you're at war with some country, and want to make peace, you sometimes get no opportunity to do so (offer peace choice not lighted, although no diplomat has been sent within a month of game history).
When leaving the mouse pointer hanging over the peace offer item on the screen the game hints me that I've got to wait until ...... (game date in the past!) before I can send a diplomat. Maybe this is related to a previous peace offer by the adversary that I didn't reply to (didn't see it in the heat of gameplaying)?
It seems to me that peace offers in a war are much to important to signal just in a corner of the screen, I would suggest to put them in a pop-up screen, just like lots of other items (pirates sighted -far too often-).
2. Speaking of pirates, it seems the AI for other countries doesn't really care about them, apparently only the human player is expected to hunt them down, or is that just my imagination? (by the way, being able to hire pirates would be a nice -and historic-feature for the add-on or eu2?)
3. Some text is still garbled. The message you get after a new ally accepted the invitation to join your alliance reads like:
'accepted to join your alliance with Hanover', where Hanover is the newly accepted member of the alliance, so the message line should read:
'Hanover agreed to join your alliance'
(All in German ofcourse)
3. It seems the game is rather sensitive to background activity on the hdd (virus check, windows schedular, or something like that). I sometimes encounter a sudden shut down of the game unexpectedly, not sure what causes it.
After a reload I can play on allright, but, if there is no solution for sudden shutdowns, it would be nice to be able to do autosaves even more frequent than once a year, I would prefer once a month.

greetings, Oranje

Hi Oranje !

You can modify the way you wants to be informed about certain game events !

If you get a message about a declaration of war or something like that(in the event log), then pause the game, rightclick on the line with the message text and set the option to 'message box' or 'message box and pause game' (all in german, of course ;))in the appearing option menue and voila, no more overlooking those messages !
The same goes the other way round: If you are tired of the pirates warnings in a message box, then pause the game, rightclick on the message box and again you can set the appearance of the message to your preferred style (e.g. event log message).

But beware, this will only be handled right by EU, if you change it over rightclicking on the messages, not over the 'Message Options' from the ingame menue !!!!
Every change you made there is ignored by the programm !

Hope this helps !!

Soma.

Originally posted by Soma:
But beware, this will only be handled right by EU, if you change it over rightclicking on the messages, not over the 'Message Options' from the ingame menue !!!!
Every change you made there is ignored by the programm !

Strange. I've only used the 'Message Options' from the ingame menu and that has worked fine for me. Have you patched the game, Soma? I recall that somebody else spoke of the problem prior to the first patch.

kdp

Actually.. its a bug in the settings screen.
If you set it to pause when it was text-only or not-shown before, then it will not show as a messagebox at all.

/Johan

I have to report another bug.

I was playing as Portugal yesterday and entered an alliance with Spain, England and a couple of minor. After some years (1500), Spain left the alliance and England asked me whether I wanted to join in a war against France. I accepted knowing that my involvement would be minimal (more interested in expanding my empire than attacking the French. However, after a while, since the war was lasting for too long, I wanted to leave the alliance. I couldn't. So that I asked France for peace, and then, tried to leave the alliance. Although France accepted my peace offer, I could not leave the alliance. Is that a bug?

Sigg