• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(14886)

Corporal
Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
Hi started a new game of 0.4 as Japan and have Manchuria as a puppet, all good and well. Have noticed a couple of things.

Noticed that I couldnt declare war on anyone untill the event to go to war against China. I figure this is on purpose but just want to make sure.

My puppet didnt go to war when I did, and doesnt protect my regions either. This means that I cant tell them to go into enemy regions and they wont help in the defence of mine. Had 5 Manchurian infantry divs in Beijing and the Chinese just walked in and took it from them. I had to send my own troops in to take it back and the whole time the Manchurians did nothing, although they had taken losses while the region was in enemy hands (I gather due to being out of supply).

There doesnt seem to be a way to either declare war on my puppet so that at least I get there resources, or to use the troops for my own means?

Suggestions or bug help?

to start the game Japan is a democracy, so you need a war entry of 100 to be abl;e to declare war except through events.

the second part I am not certain about but might want to head over to the Stoney Road Web forums on their own site to ask there.