• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(12039)

Recruit
Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Saved games don't Save everything

Two things I've noticed in a few hours of play as the Dominion of Canada tonight.

I saved a game manually, exited the game and went for a bite. I came back later and re-loaded it to find that the sliders were unlocked & they weren't at the values I had them before I exited. I've tested this theory by jacking up Research to 90%, Locking it and saving/reloading. The values reset to decent values for all spots and they were all unlocked. (i.e. nothing is red anymore whereas when I saved everything was red except for Research)

Something else I noticed and am not sure if this is just me or if this is the game... I had a Canadian division in India with a pre-war tank unit to fight the Japs who had pretty much mopped up all of the British Eastern Empire... I got the red-oil drop telling me that my tank was outta oil supply... ok, so I set up a convoy to transfer oil to the port in Bombay which I own. Something was happening cuz my oil reserves dropped significantly (but I was already having an oil shortage so I'm not sure if that played a significant role in the delay or not) A while went by (Not sure how long) and I still didn't have oil in India for my tanks. I saved, and reloaded, and all of a sudden, my tanks in India had oil.

I'm not sure if I didn't wait long enough for the oil to make the looooong trip from Canada to India, or not... I haven't tried to duplicate this one yet cuz of real-life commitments... (i.e. end-of-year school work!!... perfect timing HOI :p )

Thanks

[EDIT]: I'm using the 1.01 NA Patch

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can verify the sliders problem. I will bring that to the atention of someone in Paradox towers.

I got the same problem on the western front when invading belgium. Suddenly my tanks were out of supply. I was standing in the most eastern of the provinces. I retreated to germany and then it was no problem when I re-entered belgium. Now I haven't read all of the manual yet. Can enemy strategic bombers, affect supply? Cause there was a lot of british bombers hitting that province...