[BUG] Insecure Prison Bug: Cooks aren't cooking / No food is being delivered anymore

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cняis™

Sergeant
Apr 23, 2022
This is the so called "insecure prison" bug and it exists for more than FOUR years already. If you don't build a fence around your prison && if you continue to expand your prison with additional cell blocks without the mentioned "secure area" around your buildings, you will sooner or later experience this bug. You will no longer receive food by deliveries and your cooks won't be able to cook anything for your prisoners, with the consequences that the danger level of your prison will increase and that your prisoners will start starving sooner or later. And it doesn't matter whether you use tall fridges or normal fridges in your kitchen.

If you experience the bug, you must quickly build a fence around your prison, and eventually you also have to assign / re-assign your deliveries area, if affected by the fence. I still don't understand why it happens, as I still haven't found the actual cause. What I am describing here are the symptoms of this problems. Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated. I can reproduce this bug with every new prison for the past four years.

I still consider this a bug, why should I be forced to have a fence or additional wall around my prison, if I secure it otherwise, e. g. with central cell blocks inside the prison and other buildings around them.

Other threads where this has been reported before:

There are even more threads on Steam. This is another game breaker, please finally fix it.

Upvote 0
As expected, no response from the Paradox Team. I would not care about this bug. if it wouldn't cause another bug explained below.

So I have the choice between unplayable lag (one in game minute can take up to 10 second on fastest speed) or my prisoners rioting because they get no food. Great!

Last edited: