• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ahskar

Corporal
62 Badges
Dec 14, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Hi,

I start the game, I see the paradox and Cyanide logos, but after that, I see only a black screen. If I wait for enough time, then the "main menu" appears, but i cannot see any letter in the menu, either any backscreen. I can interact with menus, but i don't know what is what.
This is my impire log:

Code:
 "..\\Src\\Game.cpp"(241): Welcome to Impire!
"..\\Src\\SteamAPI\\SteamStats.cpp"(64): Requesting Steam stats
"..\\Src\\Game.cpp"(261): Game version is 1.0.1.1
"..\\Src\\Database\\DataSheetManager.cpp"(145): On veut loader la db datasheet/Default_toc.db
".\\System\\ComputerInfo\\Win32\\win_ComputerInfo.cpp"(2080): Hyper-Threading Technology is not available
"..\\Src\\Database\\DataSheetManager.cpp"(145): On veut loader la db datasheet/Default.db
"d:\\DEV\\pimp\\trunk\\Dev\\Sdks\\Cyanide\\Cyatech\\Common/System/FileSystem/MaKoFileSystem.hpp"(47): Missing xml file gui/init_en.gui
"..\\Src\\Config\\Config.cpp"(258): rez = 1280x720
"..\\Src\\Config\\Config.cpp"(258): rez = 1280x800
"..\\Src\\Config\\Config.cpp"(258): rez = 1280x960
"..\\Src\\Game.cpp"(437): Game successfully initialized
"..\\Src\\SteamAPI\\SteamStats.cpp"(136): Received stats and achievements from Steam
"..\\Src\\Gfx\\World.cpp"(419): [World] CreateOctree 0
"..\\Src\\Game.cpp"(145): Window Deactivated minimized = 0, (from window 001101F0)

Also, in the impire folder I have some DMP files, but I cannot read their content.

My computer is a bit old, and I only have 2 GB of RAM (i'm about of buy more RAM), but my graphic card is "new" (GeForce 430 GT, 1 GB), and I have installed the newest controllers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Try verifying the game cache and update your graphics driver. But since you are not meeting the system requirements (the RAM at least) I'm afraid we can not really give any guarantees to how it will run for you :/

I verified the cache and I have the newest graphics card driver, but the problem continues...
I bought the game with understanding the risk that it runs slow or not run properly, but my problems seems any kind of graphic Issue... and my graphic card is enough for the game.

Is there any way for edit the configuration of the game without inizializate the game? Maybe if I can try with full screen off (some users are having graphic problems with it) or lowing the graphics quality...

Don't know if it's the same problem, but I was also getting a black screen at startup, and it turns out when I alt-tabbed out of the window it would start up, because it was hung up on an error message about Steam Cloud not being enabled. I re-enabled steam cloud syncing in the Steam settings, and the problem went away. So try alt-tabbing when you hit the black screen to click off that error message if it's there, and re-enable Steam cloud if it's off.

[Edit] Sorry Ahskar, I just noticed you already ruled that out on the Steam forums.

Last edited:
Hi Cyjack, I found a fix for my problem, and maybe for your (it seems the same of mine)

Is a problem with resolution. My monitor (a bit old) was at 1024 x 764. If I put my monitor resolution at 1280 x 720 and the fullscreen off, the game works properly.
You can do that editing the configuration.xlm file in your documents/imp/ folder.
I have to try anotherresolution configurations...

Please BjornB, note the problem with resolutions (I have seen other players with problems about resolutions...) :)