• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

olivenkranz

Imperator Enjoyer
53 Badges
May 13, 2020
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-29 um 21.36.58.png

"I rule over Wilion - I am the ruler of Troy! I am King!" said the King of Troy. He felt he neede to express his power, for he saw his realm to be little.
Soon, the gods decided to punish him for his arrogance, and he got dysentery.
Angry, but not in despair, he set tout to make Wilion great again. First he conquered north, then further north. Then south and southwest. Then came the time for Luqqa, who grew to rival Troy in size - and took it. Half a year after jis conquest of Luqqa, the King died of his dysentery. At leat he multiplied Troy's holdings...
Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-29 um 22.44.08.png

Attachments

• 800.11.18 - Troy_DEATH_1.rome
    7,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
1622992666900.png

Community of Wilion
Heard in the bazaar during this weekend market:

Merchant: Fruits! Fruits! the best from the farms of the Naravid family! Fruits! Fruits!

Client: Hello! How much for that piece?

Merchant: only one piece? that necklace of yours can buy you two dozens my friend and that would be a bargain, these are the finest of the finest from the Naravid family none other!

Client: My necklace? I would trade it only for all your fruits from today and tomorrow's, but, I am interested on this Naravid family that you are saying, who are they?

Merchant: in Wilion and you do not know the famous Naravid? They have all the holdings in the Province of Granikos and they also have farms in Awiti, Skamandros and here in Troas.

Client: Not bad, but sure the king's family are more powerful than them, aren't they?

Merchant: the Phileid? No! Kudur-Illil the head of the Naravid dynasty is more powerful than the new King Mutti II.

1622992377768.png

Kudur-Illil Naravid
Client: how is that? Then he should be the king!

Merchant: shhhh! what are you saying? Do you want us dead? The Kudur may be powerful now but that was not the case when the young Kudur became of age. In that time the great King Lislamma I of the Phileid family was king and the most powerful man in Troy. He lead us in the war with Halluwa to unite all the Wilusan people into what is today Wilusa. At that time, the Naravid's had only one holding in Urusi in the province of Dardanos.

1622993911659.png
1622993831963.png

Lislamma I Phileid_________________Kudur-Illil Naravid
Client: ahh, but you are talking ancient now, I was not even born at that time! Many things have changed since then.

Merchant: yes, yes, my friend. But the Naravid does not want the throne, Kudur supports Hurli Phileid, the son of Lislamma and brother of the king. He is the primary heir, even that he is rival to Mutti, but they have been all their lives.

1622994439220.png
1622994470722.png

Hurli Phileid __________________________ Mutti II Phileid
Client: oh! then there is conflict if the most powerful family in Wilusa is supporting a rival of the king...

Merchant: no! I told you already, they have been rivals all of their lives, since they were teenagers. The only danger in Wilusa are this Aegean and their strange customs and they thirst for power. They landed into our shores long time ago, with their colonies and only after some time we had the courage and strength to confront them. Now they are under the rule of the Wilusa people. But they are unruly, they already rebelled on Kardia three summers ago. Wilusa is sourrounded by them, by the Abderan Revolt on the north and Smyrna on the south. Our Cybelene brothers of the Luwian ancestry are further east and a great Aegean power is growing on the west.

1622994804113.png

The Great Green religions
Client: which is this great power you are talking about?

Merchant: Pyrgos! they have united all they neighbors under their flag and the Aegean united are far more strong than we could ever be.

1622995184723.png

The rising power of Pyrgos
Merchant: but no more of this chit chat, what do you have to barter for my fruit?

Client: not my necklace but I have this tar of honey that may be of your interest.

Merchant: Honey!? Where did you got that? Only the lands west from here produce honey in great quantities.

Client: do not be wary, I come from the newly conquered lands of Wilusa in the region of Lelegia and Warmala. In there, on Lydian Lykos and Marmara there are Cybelene brothers that produce honey.

Merchant: alright, I will give you ten of my finest pieces of fruit for that jar.

Client: only ten? I told you already, I am coming from far away with a very scarce good. You should at least give me double.

The conversation went on and on, like many others that day in the Wilion Market until the sunset.

Attachments

• 859.6.20 - Wilusa.rome
    8,9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Troy will rise. I'm interested in possible alternate versions of the Trojan War...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Lislamma, second of his name, ascended to the throne in 883. Still underafe, he had first to grow up, before he could be a good king.
Already eraly in his life Lislamma knew he wanted to build and, above all, be rich. Indeed, the court was not surprised at how crafty he became. One of his earliest decisions was to become a mercantile Kingdom, a decision he did not regret in his long life. When he became King, the territory he controlled was decent, but not yet very big, rich or particularly important. Lislamma set out to change that.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-03 um 20.01.03.png

Had to fight multiple revolts, mostly in his early rule. It was a legacy he had fromthe policy of his predecessor. Lislamma decide that revolts were bad for the economy, so he had to make people not revolt. Built Garrisons, Peacekeepers, and later in life Palaces to keep everyone loyal enough. He founded many cities, such as Zalra, that became the seat of worship for Kamrushipa. He knew Copper and Gold would sell well, thus he built mines and cities to procure more of the precious metals. Another favourite project of his, was building roads. He painted the map with them.
Besides the various revolts, Lislamma fought 4 major wars in his life. The first was for Poliokhne, he ousted the Aegean Tyrsenians and took over the island. The following two were agains Karkisa. In two wars, Karkisa was annexed. By this time, Lislamma Phileid was in his thirties, because he had spent many yeras consolidating his empire...
In preparation for war with Karkisa, he had changed the recruitment laws, so that more men would fight for him.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-05 um 11.09.58.png

The last major war he fought in his fifties. It was a short civil war, when some nobles demanded more than they were entitledto. He crushed it, and all involved noble houses had the majority of their holdings revoked. On the eve of his life he granted himself the richest cities, so that no other aristocrat could claim them.
On the two of the holy places he had found, he built wonders to impress men and women alike. One, in his Capital of Wilion. The other, in His favourite summer residence of Zalra. They would fortify and increase the prosperity of his lands.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-05 um 11.58.12.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-05 um 13.04.09.png

Lislamma had only three children, the 2nd of whom was illegitimate, and thus not an eligible heir. His first child was a daughter, and since he had long not had any children, he changed the inheritance laws to allow her to inherit, for he was not sure if he would have a son. A son he did get a decade later, but the son was alunatic and etrenally sick. Still, he did inherit, but he is expected to die soon...
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-05 um 14.55.43.png

Attachments

• 939.5.12 - Wilusa_Death.rome
    10,6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Troy will rise. I'm interested in possible alternate versions of the Trojan War...

Please go on. It almost makes me to get this game...almost :D

I have updated Lislamma the First reign story and I hope today I will end the short reign of Hektor I Phileid:

1622996617153.png

Pyros has grown but the Aegean kingdoms have yet to pose a threat to the Wilusan people original from the Troas province. Nevertheless, the beauty of the Aegean princesses is undeniable. We do not know what the future holds for these cultures rulers, but conflict is assured.

1622996595961.png

The Great Deportation

In the city of Taduraha in Mouth of Warmala two slaves are talking about the latest news:

Karkisan slave: have you heard? They say that the lunatic king has passed away this morning.

1623005170536.png

Late King Hektor Phileid​

Telniches slave: about time! that man was dangerous. Had we not had enough with the invasion of Lislamma the Second of our lands in Lindos and Rodos that after his dead this mad Hektor had all of us deported to this filthy city in the north. More than 250,000 of our people combined where moved from the regions of Sporades and Karkisa to Lelegia.

1623004160676.png
1623004083893.png

Before Deportation _______________________________________________________After Deportation​

Karkisan slave: yes, it seems it does not matter that we are Aegean or Luwian, for the Wilusan we are all less than citizens and they want us slaves for life.

Telniches slave: you have it better, at least you will keep some of your traditions, I have to convert to Cyebelene if I ever want to be a freemen, respected by your people.

Karkisan slave: I would like to think that you are wrong, but even if they do not say it on public, the reality is that cybelene traditions are the only ones that matter. The Wilusan Pantheon has no other Deities and the population is openly following them, even if in private they keep their own gods.

Telniches slave: do you know who is the new king? Timetti the First?

1623005397752.png

Karkisan slave: that man? They say he is mad as Hektor was. He is older but not wiser, he likes art and writes poems, or that is what they say. He was adopted in the Phileid family and changed his surname but has no children or siblings.

Telniches slave: then, who is up for the throne next?

Karkisan Slave: Mutti Phileid. If he gets to the throne he would be the Third. But he has poor health and his supporters may favour Zunaulti Phileid, he is the grand son of Lislamma the Second Phileid, but he is only 12 years old.

1623005886507.png

Telniches slave: I do not care about this Philead or anyone of this country. If I can I will try to escape to Khaironeia. I dream of one day Khaironeia, Pyrgos and Knossos are united and we crush this Wilusan people.

1623006001738.png

Karkisan slave: what? why do you say that? You do not know what life will be under their rule. And you are advocating for more war, was not enough already?

Telniches slave: I do not know, but they tell me that Prosymnos III Arpinathe, Gwasileus of Khaironeia, is good natured and they have Hektenas, Kranaoi and Pelasgian people as citizens and equals in the nation. Even Kuretes are respected citizens in Khaironeia.

1623006154468.png

Karkisan slave: maybe you are right, but I will try my chances here in Wilusa and I pray that there will be no clash of cultures on our shared sea.

Telniches slave: you are naive, did not you see all the Pentekonteres and Biremes that were being built? They are preparing for sea battles, and that only means the invasion across the Aegaean sea.

Karkisan slave: what Aegaean sea? You wanted to say the Wilusan sea....

Telniches slave: see? you think like them, entitled to the land and sea, war is inevitable....

Attachments

• 941.9.15 - Wilusa_DEATH.rome
    10,8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
11 years... It felt a lot shorter because I spend most of my reign sitting at speed 5 waiting for my PI to get out of the negatives

Attachments

• 952.3.3 - Wilusa.rome
    100,1 MB · Views: 0
Here are a few pics (AAR coming) and the save. 65 years... long time ;)
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-10 um 15.00.43.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-10 um 15.00.51.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-10 um 15.05.55.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-10 um 16.18.20.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-10 um 16.39.12.png

Attachments

• 1018.3.23 - Wilusa_DEATH.rome
    13,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
When King Kunni the first took the throne his kingdom was allready one of the truly great powers of his time. His predecessors had established a wealthy kingdom on the edge between Asia and Europe.

His kingdoms influence was not unchallanged however. Firstly Kunni inheirited a war in our eastern portion and it was up to the new king to prove himself. Secondly Wilusa was far from the only power of it's time.
Skärmbild (275).png

To the west there where the allied kingdoms of Pyrgos and Abderan who put together were about the same size as Wilusa.
Skärmbild (276).png
Skärmbild (277).png

In the aegean there were the remains of the formerly mighty minoans who Kunnis predecessor had subjugated a good chunk of.
Skärmbild (278).png

Former south there were the mighty Egyptian pharohs who had built their kingdom of the rich nile.
Skärmbild (279).png

But perhaps the greatest power of his time was the mighty sumerians centered on the kingdom of Ur.
Skärmbild (280).png

Ur did however have strong contenders bordering them. The assyrians has become a great power in it's own right.
Skärmbild (281).png

The samarians were the weakest of the eastern powers but they have both the strength and potential to be deserving to be on this list.
Skärmbild (282).png

The formerly mighty kingdom of Ebla has fallen far. While they still rank among the great powers of it's time Ur has taken much land from them lately and only the gods can tell if it will continue or if they will reclaim what they had.
Skärmbild (283).png

The eastern war was progressing slowly but a year later Wilusas voctory was assured the only question was how much they would take.
Skärmbild (284).png

Another half year later a agreement was made. Parapallhan would give up almost a third of their country for peace.
Skärmbild (285).png

The new provinces on a national scale.
Skärmbild (286).png

Among the new lands conquered was a pyramid built by the lands previous masters.
Skärmbild (287).png

After this a war with both the minoans and the aegeans were made.
Skärmbild (288).png

The rest of the minoans were conquered.
Skärmbild (289).png

The first steps of conquering the aegean were done.
Skärmbild (290).png

The invasion of more aegean islands were done to make sure Wilusa would have total control over trade in the region.
Skärmbild (291).png

We have now near total control over the aegean.
Skärmbild (292).png

The kingdom 7 years into king Kunnis reign. Kunni would from here on try and consolidate what he allready had since he had fallen ill and wanted to leave his kingdom intact for his son even if further campaigns were suggested by his advisors often.
Skärmbild (293).png

Another great wonder had been conquered from the western minoans.
Skärmbild (294).png

Generous building projects across the nation has been done during Kunnis reign and most cities and settlements were as full of infrastructure as they could be.
Skärmbild (295).png
Skärmbild (296).png

Kunni died at the age of 41. If it were not for his illness and that he only got just over a decade on the throne he could have been remembered as one of the greatest kings in history but his early death would lead him to be overshadowed by his son.
Skärmbild (297).png

Attachments

• Troy my turn.rome
    13,6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The Long Reign of Aspinani I Phileid

Sixty years is a long time for a King and Aspinani the First has enjoyed a rather peaceful period. We could say that his great achievement has been the construction of roads and the alliance with the Phyrgian nations of Phyrgia and Skotoussa.

His son Kunni
1624036938636.png
looks almost identical to his grandfather of the same name Kunni the First
1624036909632.png
, however where the grandfather was proud, pious and original thinker, Kunni the Second shows less noble traits like miserly, sarcastic and suspicious. We do not know what will hold for this new Kunni but It does not look good.

On the other hand, Aspinani
1624037117489.png
was a benefactor, generous, assertive if somewhat arrogant. That translated very well in his government actions. He transformed an expansionary nation with many enemies to a prospering kingdom with the Phrygian client states and tribal vassals.

To achieve their loyalty, Aspinani did go to war at the beginning of his reign, against the Abderan Revolt
1624037767374.png
, a Tyrsenian kingdom north west of Willusa dominated by the Oinale Dynasty.

Pittakos II Oinale
1624037861938.png
was a young king like Aspinani
1624037919319.png
when the first war broke out. It is true that the Abderan Revolt with 268 territories and 2,770 POPs was no match to the power of Wilusa with 839 territories and 10,315 POPs. But Pittakos was uncaring and did not accept us as overlord and he lost all wars due to his tactically inflexible trait and lack of allies.

On the first war, Aspinani liberated the nation of Strymon, putting the Phileid dynasty in charge with Tupaziti I Phileid as their King
1624038051943.png
. Other wars allowed Aspinani to give many of the former Abderan Revolt territory to another Phyrgian nation that accepted his rule as overlod, the nation of Skoutoussa. Skoutoussa now is ruled by Tuwarsa I Phileid
1624039756330.png
and our control is firm.

The whole Aegaean Sea
1624038803460.png
is under the Wilusan influence. Except for the Pelasgian nation of Pyrgos.

Aspinani has allowed Pyrgos and the Athamna dynasty to expand all these years because he did not want to risk open war. The Athamna are very proud, his King Aigialeus
1624039441146.png
was a child like Aspinani
1624039461327.png
when he ascended to the throne of Willusa and they will never submit to our rule. They cannot rival us but hey are a Major Power with 427 territories and 5,375 POPs. Now Aigialeus
1624039584748.png
is a generous and trusting king, but he is ailing and the pretenders to the throne of Pyrgos may not respect the ancient pacts.

And there is the matter of Aspinani's brother, Armapija
1624039234910.png
that married Telephassa Athamna
1624039258326.png
the sister of Aigialeus of Pyrgos, establishing an almost alliance between Willusa and Pyrgos with this royal marriage. However, now that Aspinani is dead, it is his son Kunni to decide the fate of Pyrgos and Willusa.

I am afraid the world is prone for major wars after a period of relative peace. Wilusa is the Great Power on the West, but Ebla, Kemet, Ur and Assyria are also great powers and may desire our lands and trade. Our east frontier will clash with Ebla soon. Only the Sun God knows what will happen next.

1624040255603.png

Last edited: