• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nozarus

Recruit
Nov 15, 2022
The UI is cut off and things won't press unless I hover over specific part, shown by on the mouse. Restarted and all and its all the same. Is there anything I can do to fix this? The mouse isn't showing for some reason but it is not hovering over the button. Plus the screen seems to have move down

I disabled/deleted all the mods and that does nothing

ALT + ENTER does not help either

Upvote 0
Is this under Windows, MacOS or Linux please?

I assume it used to work up to some point?

Please try this:

- uninstall PA from Steam
- unsubscribe from all mods in this game's Steam Workshop

Delete the following folders if still present:

- Steam/SteamApps/common/PA
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Introversion/Prison Architect/
(keep any valued save games, of course)
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Now install PA again and see how that goes please!

IF that doesn't help, Please attach here the game log C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\debug.txt

To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

AND DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

No obvious cause of that issue in that log, except for the Intel video system which is not supoorted hardware for this game.

Can we get a dxdiag.txt please, plus the game's config files settings.txt and preferences.txt . Thanks!

I see you are in windowed bordered display mode. Can you change that to fullScreen, as a test?

If you can't get to that option in the game, just rename or move those two files, the game should then run in fullScreen by default.

You should also check with Lenovo for an update to that Intel video driver from 2015. Failing that, Intel themselves:

My monitor size is 1920x1080 So the only option I can do it windowed

Attachments

• Error.PNG
    Error.PNG
    247,3 KB · Views: 0
I can't read that screenshot but I don't understand your statement - you can do fullScreen at 1920x1080 in this game, normally, which you can do in our launcher. I have mine set that way right now. What is stopping you from doing that?

Did you update that video driver?

Sorry, I’ll try to make things clear. I attached a link to a video to show you the process which leads to the screenshot above that reads “ Not Optimum Mode. Recommended Mode 1920x1080 60Hz”

When I do it on 1920x1080, the screen just overloads and shows an error, meaning my monitor is to small for the game to be played on full screen

Well, i don't know what is wrong on your machine to cause that to you. The identical settings work fine for me, indeed 1920x1080 fullScreen is by far the most common setup.

The big difference is your unsupported Intel video system. Did you update that video driver?

Well, i don't know what is wrong on your machine to cause that to you. The identical settings work fine for me, indeed 1920x1080 fullScreen is by far the most common setup.

The big difference is your unsupported Intel video system. Did you update that video driver?
There is another post that I am following which has the same problem as mine. I don't think my driver is a problem as the same problem occurred after I download and updated it. I tried what you suggested there but has not fixed.

Unless you don't want me to, I will follow that topic. Thanks