• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Serenissima

Major
146 Badges
Aug 14, 2009
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • For the Motherland
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Darkest Hour
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
I notice there have been some mods successfully using the DH map in AoD. Any plans to implement the DH map for CORE once someone works out a stable, reliable way to do so in AoD?

Not in the near future for sure. Such a swap would mean immense time needed to adopt resource and other numbers onto the map. Then to balance all that up... It would take 1 year of work.

If there is some map-modding in the future, we will most likely make our own. You may not have noticed it, but CORE 0.50 contains a modded map: there have been corrections to the names of provinces that were mis-spelled.

If there is some map-modding in the future, we will most likely make our own. You may not have noticed it, but CORE 0.50 contains a modded map: there have been corrections to the names of provinces that were mis-spelled.
Hear, hear! That's a thing I had been planning to do since a lot of time but I never got it working, mostly due to lazyness...

I'd like to ask you: can I use the CORE map over a "normal", i.e. vanilla game (or a game with a mod which uses the vanilla AoD map)?

I mainly ask because I find the number of provinces and general layout of DH's map to be superior to HoI2's - and of course, it's aesthetically prettier.

I'd like to ask you: can I use the CORE map over a "normal", i.e. vanilla game (or a game with a mod which uses the vanilla AoD map)?

There is hardly such a thing as a "CORE" map. It is the vanilla map with a couple of cosmetic changes.

I am 100% sure that you can use it, but please make a back-up in case I´m wrong. Just use the \map directory in mod-CORE2. Using adj-defs will give you the CORE adjacencies, so you might want to leave that and of course you need the province name changes in province.csv, or you would have the right name on the map and the wrong one everywhere else.