• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GameNerd

Victorian Gentleman living in the Space Age
54 Badges
Aug 14, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Knights of Honor
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
I'm King of France and my daughter is married to the English King. However their son is A BASTARD so he will not inherite the thrown of England. It's the same with the son of the Swedish King and Queen. How did that happen? Is it a bug?

I'm King of France and my daughter is married to the English King. However their son is A BASTARD so he will not inherite the thrown of England. It's the same with the son of the Swedish King and Queen. How did that happen? Is it a bug?

no
It's called AI seduction-focus

It's probably not "their" son, but only her son. Who are the parents of that child?

It might be that your daughter confessed to having an affair when she didn't. That's been a possibility since Holy Fury. I would guess that it's only her bastard though.

I used the "charinfo" and "real_fathers" console commands and the English King seems to be the biological father of the bastard son. The Queen doesn't seem to have any lover either.

However the Queen is named Jeanne and the name of the bastard child's dynasty is "FitzJeanne". Could it be some sort of cadet branch event that has happened?

I used the "charinfo" and "real_fathers" console commands and the English King seems to be the biological father of the bastard son. The Queen doesn't seem to have any lover either.

However the Queen is named Jeanne and the name of the bastard child's dynasty is "FitzJeanne". Could it be some sort of cadet branch event that has happened?

Who is displayed to be the father of the child?

Who is displayed to be the father of the child?
The English King. I also looked in the save game and it is the English King who is the father. So I am bit confused.

Here is a screenshot of the bastard child:

Attachments

• BASTARD.png
    BASTARD.png
    2,1 MB · Views: 45
Yeah there is a thing where a woman can admit a child is a bastard even when it's not. When a woman gets the event to rejoin the church she can "confess her sins" and say a child is a bastard when it really isn't. I have no idea why it's possible but it is. Blame your daughter.

Yeah there is a thing where a woman can admit a child is a bastard even when it's not. When a woman gets the event to rejoin the church she can "confess her sins" and say a child is a bastard when it really isn't. I have no idea why it's possible but it is. Blame your daughter.

that doesn't make much sense when the father is still her husband, does it?

that doesn't make much sense when the father is still her husband, does it?

Not unless the husband wanted to disinherit that child, which isn't what's happening here. This is just a poorly implemented event. It doesn't make any sense from the POV of logic, history, or realism, and it screws things up from a game-play POV.