Björn the novice plays some EU4 and is sharing experiences, one noob to another!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a decent start, but as a newbie this game is pretty overwhelming, are there any other guides available?
Because frankly the newb support is nowhere near acceptable.
For example, how do I raise my prestige? I cant find an answer in game at all, very disappointing.

You can raise your prestige by A) winning battles and wars, B) having high legitimacy (I think this gives you a boost. Low legitimacy is a penalty however), or C) with the proper advisors. A great way to earn prestige is through wars, if you make sure your country is an enemy of the country you're fighting (set through the diplomacy screen, just click on your shield, go to the diplomacy tab, and just under your shield you should find three shields that are red and black. Click one and choose a country in the list to the left. It costs 10 diplomatic power to do so.) you gain a ton of extra prestige.

This is a decent start, but as a newbie this game is pretty overwhelming, are there any other guides available?
Because frankly the newb support is nowhere near acceptable.
For example, how do I raise my prestige? I cant find an answer in game at all, very disappointing.

You can find a nice collection of guides on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/236850/guides/