Big problem with Garbage Trucks and Hearses :(

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have the same problem with garbage.

Yesterday, my city was running smoothly, 13-15k inhabitants, everything was right, for the must. Today I launch the game, and within 5 minutes, my city is burried under garbage. Keeping a look at my incinerators : trucks in service flick between 0 and 1, and none are on the roads. If I look from the minute the game load, there are 3 or 4 trucks on the road, they pick up garbage and head up to the incinerators like they normally do, but after that, no other truck spawn.

The roads are not congestionned, there is access to all parts of the city (as it worked yesterday), and if I put a fresh new landfill, it's the same : no trucks are going out, the number flickering between 0 and 1.

Please tell me there is a solution and my city is not going to... garbage :'(

EDIT : after further investigation, it's worse than that. No service truck (garbage, police, fire...) is operating behind a highway anymore.
My incinerators still pick garbage in the industrial zone where they are placed, but they're not going anymore in my city (access via highway). If I put a new incinerator IN the residential zone, trucks flow.
I have a remote zone with farms a side of a highway and forestry the other side, police and fire station are on the farm-side, no problem in there, but the forest is swarmed with crime, and none police car go in there. There a dead body to be picked up in the police station itself, but no hearse is coming from the city.

They all have access... by highway. Wherever there are roads, it works. Highway, no way. It worked fine yesterday, what the hell ?!

Last edited:
I got to solution: Unfortunately I have to remove the game and reinstall again. Don't worry about ur save file. It wont remove dont have to backup.
I check all my cities. My first city and last city save still remain. I check it and nothing wrong about service car (all service car i mean)
İ thougt that one of MODs makes this bug in the game. This is just a my opinion guys.

For no reason ( or at least one that I know ) the garbage truck and hearses stopped to spawn.

The numeric indicator of trucks in service remains at 0, sometimes goes to 1 and immediately returns to 0.

Someone else has this problem ?

It's a HUGE problem, the garbage and the corpses are not collected and the town dies.

this is a game breaking problem, it's a know bug?

I tried to relocate the buildings, I also tried to delete them, nothing changes :(

Precisely the problem I had, right down to the ticking number indicator. I worked out the problem was the road connecting the dump to my housing area had a section that was one way only, in the direction of the dump, preventing the trucks from getting to where they needed to go.
Made the roads two way, and the problem disappeared :)

Some pics.

Attachments

• 15901601700738557450977530094322.jpg
    15901601700738557450977530094322.jpg
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 15901602041731091280851785699551.jpg
    15901602041731091280851785699551.jpg
    1,9 MB · Views: 0
Having the EXACT same issue on ps4. My roads are fine. Tried putting incinerators in all sorts of area. No trucks spawning.
This thread is 5 years old and about the PC edition. Please make your own new thread in the Console Bug Reports forum, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.