BATTLETECH - unable to establish comstar connection

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Xalorous

Recruit
23 Badges
May 5, 2018
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
One line summary of your issue
unable to establish comstar connection

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
1. Launched game and it crashed. This is the 'new graphics driver version update crash'. (Evidently Paradox is FORCING us to update graphics drivers. You should not force us to update graphics drivers. Unless there's a specific BT related issue patched in the driver. But that's a separate issue.)

2. Updated graphics driver.

3. Launched game to receive 'not signed in'.

4. Attempted to sign in. Every time I try to sign in it says, "Unable to establish ComStar connection."

5. I restarted the game, no change.

6. I am able to log into website with the same account, no issue.

7. Restarted computer, no change.

So, something in the patch process disconnected me from ComStar, and now I am unable to connect.

Steps to reproduce the issue
See detailed description.

Upload attachment

Upvote 0
Just ran into the issue myself. Couldn't remember the password, and the password reset functionality of this website has yet to send me the reauthentication email.

Obviously remembered where I wrote down the password, in order to log in here. Game still won't accept the log in. Still haven't seen the email.

Screenshot 2018-05-15 20.43.49.jpg
Screenshot 2018-05-15 20.44.49.jpg
20180515204036_1.jpg
20180515204050_1.jpg
oh for those that might want to know... my System is a Win10 Asus ROG STRIX with an nVidia 1050 GTX Ti card running the game under Steam with no Mods... as far as i am aware i am patched to the current version of the game... whether the patch caused issues or something else i cannot say for sure... also the game ran fine from day of purchase till now... have been on the PvP multiplayer every day until i had the log in issues today... the fact its affecting people on GoG says to me its an issue more with Paradox rather than peoples system hardware or any firewall/net issues... it might be an idea for some of us to email Paradox themselves... im gonna look into this tonight... its that or raise a support ticket directly with Paradox...

Last edited:
View attachment 369446 View attachment 369447 View attachment 369444 View attachment 369445the fact its affecting people on GoG says to me its an issue more with Paradox rather than peoples system hardware or any firewall/net issues... it might be an idea for some of us to email Paradox themselves... im gonna look into this tonight... its that or raise a support ticket directly with Paradox...
Wasn't a Paradox Account issue as I had tested by booting up the launcher windows for both CKii & HoI IV, hit log out and than promptly logged back in with no issues. If the issue had to do PDX Accounts I should have also been locked out of those games. Most likely it was a HBS server mishap which caused the outage.

Can someone please check to see if they are able to login and let me know if it works? The update last night should have fixed this but reading this thread makes it sound as if this isn't the case.