• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fuhrer_51[RUS]

Recruit
23 Badges
Dec 23, 2022
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Impire
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
One line summary of your issue
Sound problems.

What platform are you running the game on?
Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 11

Which version of the game are you running?
1.9.1-6.8.6R

What DLC do you have installed?
None

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
There are few details. Intermittently, the game has no sound in animation cutscenes between missions, as well as very, VERY, silently playing sound during loading screens.
Restarting the game helps with the lack of sound in the cutscenes, when you have to replay the previous mission in order to watch the cutscene again. But it doesn't always help.

Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
Just playing. Campaign mission ends, cutscene starts, and I can only hope that it will have sound.
The problem does not depend on the saved game.

Attach DxDiag (PC), System Info log (Mac), or run sudo lshw -html > specs.html and uploaded specs.html (Linux)
File(s) attached

Attach Output Log
Windows: \Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\output_log.txt
Mac OS: Users >{name} > Library > Logs > Unity > Player.log
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/Player.log

File(s) attached

If the game crashed, please attach the crash file with the time stamp closest to the crash.
Windows: [Steam library folder]\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\DumpBox
For v.17 and beyond try here: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH
OSX: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > steamapps > common > BattleTech > DumpBox
Linux: [Steam library folder]/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/DumpBox

File(s) attached

If a save game was loaded at the start of the game session, upload it. Please make sure to upload the save game with the timestamp closest to when you loaded it.
Windows:
Steam: [Steam installation folder]\userdata[SteamID]\637090\remote\C0\SGS1
GOG: 'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\Storage\Shared\Files\C#\SGS#'
Vanilla:'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech\C#\SGS#'
OSX:
Steam: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > userdata > [SteamID] > 637090 > remote > C#> SGS#
GOG: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > GOG.com > Galaxy > Applications > 50593543263669699 > Storage > Shared > Files > C# > SGS#
Vanilla: Macintosh HD > Users > [username]> Library > Application Support > unity.Harebrained Schemes.BattleTech > C# > SGG#
Linux:
Steam: /home/.steam/steam/userdata/[steamID]/637090/remote/C#/SGS#
GOG: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/
Vanilla: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/

File(s) attached

Attach screenshot / video
File(s) attached

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    265,8 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    128,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221224021005_1.jpg
    20221224021005_1.jpg
    259,9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Try uninstalling the RealTek sound driver RTKVHD64.sys

Then reboot; Windows will detect the hardware with no driver and offer one. Accept that, install it and reboot again. Hopefully you end up with a different version of that file!

Good luck!

Are you sure it won't cause other problems with the PC? I wouldn't want to do anything rash.
Besides, I don't know how to do it (but I'm looking for information on the Internet).

OK. I did this but nothing happened. I mean, after removing the driver, the sound on the computer disappeared, but after rebooting everything became as before, as if nothing had changed.

Last edited:
Did it not install a sound driver after that reboot? That really should have happened ! I've had numerous people do this over the years, on various games ...

If you do a new dxdiag and see no sound driver, you may have to manually install one from the Realtek site I guess. Not sure why you'd have to though!

Perhaps I did not quite correctly express myself as a result of meager knowledge of foreign languages.
The point is that I actually uninstalled the driver. After restarting the computer, it was again in place (I checked the removal and presence), but no changes followed.

Can I get new copies of those two files please? I want to see if it's install the same driver or a different one.

And, has this always happened with this game? Or it was okay up to some point?

These two files?

Actually, I started playing not so long ago and this problem just appears by itself from time to time. I can not say that I understand the logic of its appearance. I just decided to make saves before the end of the missions, so that, in case of an error, re-finish it and start the story video again, in the hope of sound.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    250,9 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    129,1 KB · Views: 0
I just decided to make saves before the end of the missions, so that, in case of an error, re-finish it and start the story video again, in the hope of sound.
And does that help, even sometimes? Or makes no difference?

Anyway, we can see that the same date and version of that sound driver got installed. That means the issue wasn't with the way it was installed as the reinstall would have fixed that.

I know this is a pain but please go to the RealTek support site and see if you can get a newer one.

Good luck!

As I said earlier, the problem is not permanent, so in any case, restarting periodically helps, since the sound is not always absent and I do not know what is the reason.

Also, I'm looking for the correct driver now, but the "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" says that my device has the latest available update. At the same time, I, it seems, found something of a later version, all in the same place, on the Intel website. Could this mean that I should not install this update on my device?

As I said earlier, the problem is not permanent, so in any case, restarting periodically helps, since the sound is not always absent and I do not know what is the reason.

Also, I'm looking for the correct driver now, but the "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" says that my device has the latest available update. At the same time, I, it seems, found something of a later version, all in the same place, on the Intel website. Could this mean that I should not install this update on my device?
I don't think the Realtek driver will be on the Intel website? Did you go to Realtek themselves?

I searched on the Intel website tritely because he is the only one who allowed me to freely find the driver I need with the information I have. On the Realtek website in the download menu, I have to search through some hardware designations or something (no idea what the letter designations are), although the only designation for the sound card is simply "Realtek Audio".

Here, see for yourself. And this is what I found.

Yes, the Realtek site is a nightmare to navigate but that would normally be the place to get their drivers from! You may need to contact them for help with that.

I have no idea why Intel would be hosting driver updates for hardware from an unrelated company. How odd.

I can't read Russian at all I'm afraid, but that does look like a newer driver for your hardware. I'm not clear if you are saying it did not install, ow what the problem with it is for you? As long as it installs RTKVHD64.sys that is later than Driver Version: 6.0.8921.1 , 20.03.2020 , that really should help I believe.

I can't read Russian at all I'm afraid.
In such cases, I simply use Chrome's built-in "Translate Page" function (used by right-clicking). )

I'm not clear if you are saying it did not install, ow what the problem with it is for you? As long as it installs RTKVHD64.sys that is later than Driver Version: 6.0.8921.1 , 20.03.2020 , that really should help I believe.
I'm not sure, but this is probably the problem:
1672270269725.png

I see, so that is for a different Intel chipset (ie whatever NUC 11 is) than you have, I guess.

I still think you need to get the right driver from Realtek, rather than Intel. If you can't find it on their site, can you try contacting them directly?