BATTLETECH - No logos, then black letterboxing around zoomed in section

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Baltham

Recruit
24 Badges
Oct 7, 2013
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
One line summary of your issue
No logos, then black letterboxing around zoomed in section

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
This has been a saga, so let me tell the full story. Initially I had no video/graphics happening at all--would start the game, it would show running in the task bar, and I'd get sound, but no graphics. Checked the output log and saw a ton of DX11 related errors--ended up determining my older GFX card didn't support DX11. So I upgraded, initially had same issue on new card, but noticed some of the errors were for trying to enable functions and failing, so I went into the Nvidia control panel and turned everything to on or application select. This made it so I got a black screen (no logos ever showed) and after a bit of a load, a cursor and sound. I read about alt-enter to go to windowed mode (and then adjusting resolution) being a potential fix, so tried that. Didn't get a window at all--got a weird, faded "ghost" of the window controls (upper right of a window on PC), but they didn't do anything. Alt-enter'd back in, and get the screen vertically divided into roughly thirds, with the left and right thirds being black and the center seeming to be a super zoomed in edge of the screen, as it flashes and changes color as things should be happening on the screen. This is now what I get every time I start--no logos, but sound plays and I see the zoomed in section with black bars around it. Screenshot attached.

I've never had the logos (unity, harebrained, etc) show up, which seems very different from the majority of "black screen" reports I've seen. At every step, I've tried uninstall/reinstall, and I've tried removing codecs and installing CCCP, and I've updated drivers. I've also tried renaming the video DLL. Reboots.

GOG version. Now trying clearing the registry, %temp%, and appdata folders based upon a suggestion in https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ack-screen-with-cursor-and-fps-count.1091331/. Will update if that works, but since this seems to have started like some others (no graphics, just sound) and evolved into something completely different than anything I've seen reported, figured I'd make the report.

Steps to reproduce the issue
Start the game.

Upload attachment

Attachments

• battletechscreencap.png
    battletechscreencap.png
    14 KB · Views: 11
  • output_log.txt
    17,3 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0