• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shrike

First Lieutenant
27 Badges
Apr 13, 2017
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I've played too much battletech I know my Davions from my Hasek-Davions and I know precisely what lance is going to attack me from their weight classes as soon as they pop into sensor range. The AI rarely challenges me unless it cheats or spawns.... My point being I would like to get more into multiplayer.. I have a super fast fiber optic connection and I've got about an hour to waste most week days except for Mondays as its when game of thrones comes "umm" online. I've played (to completion) maybe 7 games in which I heroically defeated the enemy on 5 occasions and 2 where I have had my rear end handed to me quiet emphatically. Every time I go online (central Europe time usually around 10pm) there is either noone or 1 person available if com star decides that it doesn't want to crash straight away usually games hang after about about 10 minutes before posting a "com star relay error" message.. So I've tried to play about 50 online games but completed less than 20%. Now either I'm the unluckiest man in the world who only gets matches with people who live in mountains or the paradox/HBS server is running on a Nokia 3310. PLEASE SORT OUT THE MULTIPLAYER? IT'S INFURIATING WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING A TURN BASED TACTICAL ONLINE GAME WHERE MATCHES CAN LAST A WHILE ONLY FOR IT TO USUALLY CRASH. OR IF NOT POSSIBLE PLEASE CHANGE THE CRASH MESSAGE FROM "Comstar relay error" to "I'm very sorry we just wasted the last 20 minutes of your life". End of rant. Peace.

@Shrike, the state of BATTLETECH Multi-player is disappointing, I agree. :bow:

BATTLETECH no longer plays on my regular computer and until ASUS returns my gaming computer to me, I'll not be able to link up with you or anyone for some sweet, sweet BATTLETECH Multiplayer action. : )

It may take a couple weeks or more but I hope to be active again soon, and would love a match or four with you if you're still interested at that time. Until then good luck and good gaming! :bow: