BATTLETECH - Missing Voices on Argo Intercom Chatter and Travel

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Sendo

Recruit
78 Badges
Aug 31, 2012
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Dungeonland
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • 500k Club
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
One line summary of your issue
Missing Voices on Argo Intercom Chatter and Travel

What platform are you running the game on?

Steam

What operating system do you use?
Windows 10 pro
Which version of the game are you running?
What DLC do you have installed?
Flashpoint,
Urban Warfare,
Shadowhawk Pack,
Heavy Metal

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When i originally bought the game on release, you could hear the comms chatter between members of the crew on the Argo while you sit idle or travel. You get the intercom open sound then some dialog then the intercom close sound. But for the past year i get the intercom activation sound some slight static and the deactivation sound, no dialog what so ever. All other dialog works fine for me. This is caused by the fact that the intercom chatter is forced through the center channels which these headsets fail to send through. Wanna know the fix? Allow us players to put the in game audio to stereo (force everything through the left and right channels) Or allow us to set it to mono where all audio goes through all channels equally. I have posted this issue many times in several forum post and even donated to a live stream at the hope that the devs would respond or give us an answer. My donation was taken and was promptly ignored. I was hoping that we could get a fix with the heavy metal expansion but the answer is no. So here is hoping they actually respond this time.
Have you tried verifying your files?
Yes

Steps to reproduce the issue
Go out and buy the latest headphone that synthesis surround sound such as the Logitech 935 and play the game after you get the argo, you will hear the intercom activate and deactivate without dialog.

Attach DxDiag (PC), System Info log (Mac), or run sudo lshw -html > specs.html and uploaded specs.html (Linux)

Attach Output Log
Windows: \Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\output_log.txt
Mac OS: Users >{name} > Library > Logs > Unity > Player.log
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/Player.log

If the game crashed, please attach the crash file with the time stamp closest to the crash.
Windows: [Steam library folder]\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\DumpBox
For v.17 and beyond try here: C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH
OSX: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > steamapps > common > BattleTech > DumpBox
Linux: [Steam library folder]/steamapps/common/BATTLETECH/DumpBox

If a save game was loaded at the start of the game session, upload it. Please make sure to upload the save game with the timestamp closest to when you loaded it.
Windows:
Steam: [Steam installation folder]\userdata[SteamID]\637090\remote\C0\SGS1
GOG: 'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\Storage\Shared\Files\C#\SGS#'
Vanilla:'C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech\C#\SGS#'
OSX:
Steam: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > Steam > userdata > [SteamID] > 637090 > remote > C#> SGS#
GOG: Macintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > Application Support > GOG.com > Galaxy > Applications > 50593543263669699 > Storage > Shared > Files > C# > SGS#
Vanilla: Macintosh HD > Users > [username]> Library > Application Support > unity.Harebrained Schemes.BattleTech > C# > SGG#
Linux:
Steam: /home/.steam/steam/userdata/[steamID]/637090/remote/C#/SGS#
GOG: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/
Vanilla: /home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Harebrained Schemes/BATTLETECH/remote/C#/SGS#/

Attach screenshot / video

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    90,2 KB · Views: 2
  • output_log.txt
    455,1 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue, and what bugs me the most about it is that it only cropped up a few days ago. As best as I can tell I've changed no settings, but the Argo background chatter just... stopped one day, leaving only the intercom sqawks. Verifying game didn't change anything. I have not as yet tried a re-installation.

EDIT: A reinstall did not bring things back :(

Last edited:
Sometimes i wonder if Hairbrained schemes is even fixing bugs like this. We have complained about this issue back in 2018 We keep trying to resurrect this issue but not once has a dev responded to a single post about this problem. Its like they stopped caring. Some of the older threads were deleted completely.