• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FNGnarles

Recruit
May 2, 2018
One line summary of your issue
Game hangs within 2 minutes of launch.

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Game hangs after launch. Screen freezes but music still plays. I can move the mouse and hear when it interacts with the UI, but game is frozen. I have a the latest Nvidia drivers for my video card and have opt'd into the beta of the game through Steam.

Steps to reproduce the issue
Every start up of the game within the first couple minutes. Edit..added other logs

Upload attachment

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    93,6 KB · Views: 221
  • crash.dmp
    325,3 KB · Views: 6
  • error.log
    24,8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK then, hopefully @HBS_Comanche can see the problem in that crash dump.

Update: Nothing has changed with beta 1.02..game still hangs after about 2 mins into game. Can still hear music and mouse interaction with UI but screen is still frozen. If left open long enough game eventually crashes. New reports below

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    1,6 MB · Views: 14
  • error.log
    27,6 KB · Views: 6
  • crash.dmp
    340,8 KB · Views: 5
Update: Nothing has changed..posting Dxdiag so maybe something can be seen there.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    71,6 KB · Views: 141
  • output_log.txt
    166,8 KB · Views: 259
  • error.log
    27,2 KB · Views: 6
  • crash.dmp
    403,1 KB · Views: 5
Note 1.0.2 is now official not beta, so opt out of the beta if still in it.

Lots of DX11 errors in there, which were NOT there in your original output log. I see you are on the new beta nVidia driver; can you try the March one instead please?
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/132845/en-us

Mar. 20th Nvidia drivers for my 1060 card..same results, gameplay freezes, still with music going and can hear UI interaction with mouse.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    179,9 KB · Views: 78
  • error.log
    26,6 KB · Views: 5
  • crash.dmp
    397,4 KB · Views: 5
  • DxDiag.txt
    70,4 KB · Views: 206
So in a last ditch effort to hopefully and finally play this game. I reset my computer to factory settings, hoping something I had installed was interfering with the gameplay. Sadly the game still performs the same.

BattleTech.SetPatrolRouteAIOrder must be instantiated using the ScriptableObject.CreateInstance method instead of new SetPatrolRouteAIOrder.

AddMagicKnowledgeByTagAIOrder must be instantiated using the ScriptableObject.CreateInstance method instead of new AddMagicKnowledgeByTagAIOrder.

AddMagicKnowledgeByTagAIOrder must be instantiated using the ScriptableObject.CreateInstance method instead of new AddMagicKnowledgeByTagAIOrder.

CombatHud.OnTriggerDialog

icPanel_deco :: This tween's target is NULL, because the animation was created with a DOTween Pro version older than 0.9.255. To fix this, exit Play mode then simply select this object, and it will update automatically

icPanel_deco :: This tween's target is NULL, because the animation was created with a DOTween Pro version older than 0.9.255. To fix this, exit Play mode then simply select this object, and it will update automatically

d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x1 mode 1 size 4800) [0x887A0005]
d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x2 mode 1 size 468) [0x887A0005]
d3d11: attempt to lock null buffer

etc etc
I am sorry not to have been any help here. All those messages and errors above but not clue what is causing them for you, but not everyone.

Please install and run the free utility Speccy. Export its output to a text file and attach here.

@Lab coat @HBS_Comanche is there anything you can say about these messages above? Cosmetic or serious? Why would this guy, and a few others, be getting all these DX11 errors?

Here ya go..that motherboard temp reading has me a little concerned..Nothing but Steam and Chrome were running while I did this test.
And so it should! 120c is permanent hardware damage territory, do not play this or any other game before sorting that out. Not sure I've ever seen such a high reading anywhere .... !!!

Here ya go..that motherboard temp reading has me a little concerned..Nothing but Steam and Chrome were running while I did this test.
Hi FNGnarles,

Thanks for posting this info. Are you able to play other titles at the moment without issues? Graphically demanding titles as an example? Are you still using the hot fix 397.55 nvidia driver or are you back on the game ready 397.31?

Can you please send me a list of the software that you have installed on your pc? Specifically, any special programs running networking solutions, or DX related, or video encoding software, or video editing software, or camera related...? What anti virus as you using?

Also, pls install HWINFO, run the game, and export the HWinfo sensor readings to file and send to me. Need to look closer at that temperature reading.

thanks

jonathan