BATTLETECH Game Feature and Mechanism carryover to a MechCommander 3 game...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prussian Havoc

PDXCON 2019 ~ MechWarrior of the Year
58 Badges
May 12, 2017
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
PREAMBLE: There is no such game being developed that I know of, but should a MechCommander 3 game be in the offing what should it be like?

To me, BATTLETECH is the single best BattleTech game ever... ever.

SpOoKy777 Harebrained Schemes.jpg

But that doesn't mean that "Best" cannot be improved upon.

Setting aside Turn Order and the 4-Mech Limit but carrying forward certain Features, Mechanisms and most especially the glorious MAPS would permit a fabulous continuation of the Mech Commander franchise. Something that if Paradox (and its $1.2b of annual sales) could be convinced to give it a go... well, I'd once again preorder three copies, one each for my daughters and one for myself.

But what BATTLETECH Features and Mechanisms should be carried forward? (Besides the Maps, BATTLETECH's glorious and beautifully crafted Maps.)

Melee (to include Death from Above), Stability System and while not Turn Order... some other element of BATTLETECH that would enfranchise Light BattleMechs. While I would really, really like to see MC3 be Real Time… maybe a "hitch" could be encoded into such a game to still give Light BattleMechs an advantage.

And of course what better setting for a MC3 game than the Fourth Succession War!!!

Thoughts?

Upvote 0
Having played every Battletech PC game out there I totally agree Battletech is the greatest game ever not just game play wise but the lore i have been a battletech fan since the 90s and i am still learning new things

Having played both the old Mech commander 1 + 2 games i would love to see HBS or paradox either update these games or create a Mech commander 3
there is so much that hasn't been touched yet in the battletech game

I would love to see an amaris civil war or the succession wars

If paradox decided to release these games i would deff be buying plus any DLC and expansions they released

...If paradox decided to release these games i would deff be buying plus any DLC and expansions they released
And MERCH... I know a Kickstarter is so very unlikely but I've never experienced anything so effective in Community-building and fan-service as a HBS-run Kickstarter. While Core Dev Team talent shouldn't be tapped for Kickstarter activities, with Mitch onboard its possible.

But would the Market-penetration and bump in Sales of Games and MERCH be worth the investment of time and non-Dev resources?

I believe so.

If they was another kickstarter i would deff be backing it
Battletech is the only game i have ever backed on kickstarter and bought the season pass for i don't regret it

On a personal level when battletech first dropped in april 2018 I was in a very bad place emotionally i had just lost my father and dealing with sever depression
The battletech game helped me escape from reality for a least a while

If paradox decided to release any battletech Merch and games you have a buyer in me