BATTLETECH Flashpoint is coming on November 27th and you can PRE-ORDER today!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Less than 2 weeks to go now. I'm excited.
As an aside, I've played the game so much now (over 1100 hours) that I know every map by heart. In the long run, the only way to fix that recurring problem is to have a random map generator. I know Mitch said he hates that idea, but it would make the game much more replayable.
Quality of Map-experience is assured with the current method. Random Map Generation would introduce all manner of Quality Assurance / Quality Control issues. Issues that would no doubt consume one helluva lot of finite HBS Time, Talent and Dollars.

But I most definitely empathize with your situation of having played so much BATTLETECH that you've come to know the maps very well indeed.

Steam Hours.png

While I solved the situation by diving into BATTLETECH Multiplayer and BATTLETECH Modding, I think if @HBS_HighCommand and @HBS_Kiva were to just randomly adjust the Start Locations on the current set of 12 maps (even if it was just back and forth from the two default Start Locations) replayability would be given a very nice shot in the arm. : )

Quality of Map-experience is assured with the current method. Random Map Generation would introduce all manner of Quality Assurance / Quality Control issues. Issues that would no doubt consume one helluva lot of finite HBS Time, Talent and Dollars.

But I most definitely empathize with your situation of having played so much BATTLETECH that you've come to know the maps very well indeed.

View attachment 417957

While I solved the situation by diving into BATTLETECH Multiplayer and BATTLETECH Modding, I think if @HBS_HighCommand and @HBS_Kiva were to just randomly adjust the Start Locations on the current set of 12 maps (even if it was just back and forth from the two default Start Locations) replayability would be given a very nice shot in the arm. : )

@Prussian Havoc the Mission Control mod does this very well....hopefully it will make into a QoL patch one day.

View attachment 417957

The only other solution without creating a random map generator is for HBS to keep pumping out new maps for the same biomes. I assume there is some practical limit to the number of new biomes (like the new tropical set) that can be achieved. One example off the top of my head is the need for a few new arctic base capture maps. I think there's only two right now.

I don't know if such a continuing effort is more or less work than a random generator, but I think eventually the size of the map file storage will exceed the code requirements for a random generator itself. I also am skeptical of the lower quality argument. Even MegaMek has a perfectly adequate random map generator.

I loved having the opportunity to get the BATTLETECH Bling and SWAG that came with BATTLETECH's Kickstarter.

And while I did pay for physical items, I wanted the digital SWAG most of all. : )

A lot of money can be thrown at physical and digital SWAG. :bow:

Last edited:

View attachment 417957

I thought my 600 plus hours was alot! Damn Havoc!

If my math doesn't fail me, that's an average of about 12 hours a day every day since launch. :confused:
It's been 206 days since release: 2,474 / 206 = 12.01 hours per day.

What's really scary is that he also has over 4,000 posts on these forums.

I'd say a significant number of those 2,474 hours is just the game idling while PH posts on the forums :)

It's been 206 days since release: 2,474 / 206 = 12.01 hours per day.

What's really scary is that he also has over 4,000 posts on these forums.

I'd say a significant number of those 2,474 hours is just the game idling while PH posts on the forums :)
Now we all have a goal to aspire to :)

ah.... @Prussian Havoc is such a cute lil gun bunny
he is retired and of all the things he could be doing he chooses to spend his all his awake time with us lot.
he is like the grampa sitting ion a swing on the porch who always has time for the youngins giving us help and advice.

personally i think we are all better for Grampa Havoc's attentions.........

Yes, yes... lots of BATTLETECH played. Many, many hours spent in the MechLab. And yes, BATTLETECH has largely replaced Civ6 and the Order of Battle Series as #theCONSTANT on my gaming computer. (...though with Endsieg now released, it has been the exception that proves the rule, these past few days.)

Life ebbs and flows, swirls and advances, all with BATTLETECH's Big Stompy goodness waiting in the background.

#LIFEisGOOD

But enough of this sidetracking, let's move back on topic. : )

Ten days and a wake up before FLASHPOINT is released into the Wild!

Who here still has questions they're waiting on the answer to, before purchasing FLASHPOINT?

If it is a question that can get only be answered from in game and once it is released, just PM me and I'll try to get an answer for you as early after release as possible. :bow:

I'd still like some clarification for backers that chose DRM-Free copies of Battletech on Humble. There is no way to purchase the DLC for this platform, the version you can buy on the Humble Store is a Steam key. I've seen the same question asked several times on the Kickstarter update, but I haven't seen any response from HBS.

Those of us that pre-ordered on steam:

1. I can't remember now but have we already downloaded this and are just waiting for unlocking and we can play right away?

or

2. Will we all be insanely jelly of the gigabit connection players that will have downloaded first? :D (i mean this in jest)

Those of us that pre-ordered on steam:

1. I can't remember now but have we already downloaded this and are just waiting for unlocking and we can play right away?

or

2. Will we all be insanely jelly of the gigabit connection players that will have downloaded first? :D (i mean this in jest)
Insanely jelly I think. As far as I know there's been no pre-loading of 1.3 or Flashpoint.

GB internet IS pretty sweet fyi. :D