• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sir Crim

Recruit
23 Badges
Oct 13, 2020
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
I loaded the Community Bundle and Battletech Extended Commanders edition mods and they show correctly in mods window when I open battletech. Everything seems to work fine but it will not allow me to Exit and save. When I go to the menu to pick exit it tells me 'Cannot quit when actions are being taken in combat in ironman mode' . I am not in combat and am in the main ship menu when I try to logoff. Has anyone experienced this and can you advise on how to correct?

When you say "they show correctly in the mods window" do you mean that you are trying to install this with the default modloader in BattleTech? If so, that is probably the source of the problem.

Battletech Extended requires that you use the ModTech loader, not the default modloader. See the instructions on the mod page at NexusMods for complete instructions. Or look on Youtube, there should be some install demo videos there. Edmon did one for Extended a while back. It is probably a little out of date now, but it should give you the general gist.

The CAB can be loaded with either ModTek or the default modloader, but I am not sure if you can install mods in both ways at the same time. It would probably be safer to convert the CAB over to ModTek if you are going to install BEx.

Mike