• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JimJ4m

Head of Community
1 Badges
Jan 7, 2019
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
Time for another challenge! This time we are playing a challenge made by @Revan Katarn!

As always, you can watch us play over at Twitch, and we start at 16.00 CET/ 7 AM PT.

Let's check it out!

HIDE, SEEK and BACKSTAB
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Do you know that one that says "3 Jagermechs entered the Red City, found 4 Spiders and then..."? Well, here you get to say how it ends. With your full lance of paper-thin armour 'Mechs, try not to get shot at while disposing of these hunters (Jäger = hunter in German).

Player's lance:
  • 4x Spider SDR-5V (Recommended pilots: Paradise, Apex, Kraken and Blockade)
Opponent's lance:
  • 2x Jagermech JM6-A (Suggested pilots: Sumo and Wildfire)
  • 1x Jagermech JM6-S (Suggested pilot: Buckshot)
Map: Red City

Goals / Objective:
  • A bit of everything: controling line of sight and initiative, flanking maneuvers, keeping high evasion and also a bit of heat managing.

We all know I am the worst light 'mech pilot out there... so this one will be interesting. I do like the spider though, so maybe... juuuust maybe, I can get around those Jagers and go for "ye old backstab".

In ANY case, please post your own battle reports in pictures, videos or text down here in the comments!
I'm sure you can do better than me!

/JimJ4m

Oops, yesterday I missed it!

But seemed that you had fun, especially after the lucky ammo explosion on the CT xD Very well done!!
Unfortunately I played this challenge more than 2 months ago, I don't have any screenshots nor remember much how I did it, just that I was moving more inside the city, to block the enemy LoS and jump at their backs. Anyway, if I replay it I will post something.

During the stream, asking for a challenge with Hatchetmen I've got an idea :rolleyes: I will think about it and try to make something fun (melee festival, maybe), hopefully someone else will have a suggestion for a challenge and you won't have to play another of mine...