• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cityplanner 53

First Lieutenant
12 Badges
Jun 23, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
I'm pretty sure it's been covered before, I probably covered it myself. But I think Barges should be added to the game.
How would barges work? Well the basics would be that you'd draw a path for the Barges, like ferries and fishing boats, then you place harbors for the different types. what types? Well I have 3 suggestions.

• Cargo Barges: Obviously Cargo is the most vital, we've got the cargo harbors but those are very large, cargo barges could allow you to capitalize the waterways and transport cargo across the water, cutting down a significant amount of cargo traffic.
  • Garbage Barges: Garbage Barge depots would act like the waste transfer facilities added in the Sunset Harbor, the basic trucks are spawned, collect local garbage, bring it to the depot, where they're loaded onto the Barges and taken to another depot, closer to a waste disposal facility. This would allow builders to simply devote an unused island to waste disposal without needing an unwanted bridge. It would also allow for isolated island areas not needing a bridge or tunnel to clear garbage (the only remaining service totally road dependent since police, fire and medical can be covered by helicopters)
  • Prison Barges: Basically similar to how Garbage Barges work, only with prisoners. This could be used to allow the construction of an Alcatraz style island prison with no road access.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Maybe add in general "service barges". Not only for garbage but also for spawning service vehicles for fire, police, hearses, snow ploughs etc. There should just be a bridgehead for supplying small islands without need for bridges.

Reactions: