• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
14aimejico.jpg

Same game. Mexican faction killing spree.

Cuban missile crisis gets hot...
with German missiles.

v2blitz1947.jpg

Unfortunately, the Northeast is out of missile range from Bermuda / St. John's =\

Damnit all! After a good amphibious landing in Montpellier and rushing North to isolate the Italian border, the Germans decided to launch one of their own and we met on the Parisian border. Sadly when I won the battle, they pushed in with one L-ARM unit and captured Paris. I was raging at this point.

I then attempted a landing in Cardiff and Plymouth with very heavy air support, sadly, I was pushed back into the sea, just managed to save my landing forces after the UoB launched a counter-strike with their navy and air force on my naval units...

One week later... Germany invaded Scandinavia and Dover...

This is happening with DH 1.02 and KR 1.3 by the way.http://imageshack.us

I feel with you. Winning a battle and then having the enemy's enemy grab the province with a fast unit is probably the most annoying thing in the game. Doubly annoying when it happens to you after you pull something cool like an amphibious landing with Austria vs. Syndicalist France. It's not especially realistic either. You'd have entered Paris way before them. Your movement orders just reset at an inconvenient time.

It seems like my nuclear weapons test was quite successful:

großer mächtiger Badabumm.jpg

Germany had nearly all of her troops positioned on the border, which I nuked. There weren't many troops left after the "test" so I was able to overrun Germany.

It seems like my nuclear weapons test was quite successful:

View attachment 65876

Germany had nearly all of her troops positioned on the border, which I nuked. There weren't many troops left after the "test" so I was able to overrun Germany.

Funny how one can use nuclear weapons in the way it is. Simply nuke and overrun enemy stacks. Except half of your army should die of radiation as well.

fall gelb fail

continuous counter attacks, overstacked provinces, endless battles, low organization, you name it.

te50832eed.jpg

19 days later

nr5083368e.jpg

aftermath

vb50833f88.jpg

Attachments

• te50832eed.jpg
    te50832eed.jpg
    362,2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Your Soldiers may die by cancer in 20 years, but not due to the radiation after moving through a nuked province.

Tell that to the people living in Hiroshima after Da'Bomb. It takes about 1-2 years for the radiation even after a smaller bomb to die down to non-dangerous levels.

I can still remember that the Muricans had a plan to land on one of the Japanese mainland isles (Kyushu IIRC) in '47 after nuking it's shores. Well, that operation could have funny results.

I can still remember that the Muricans had a plan to land on one of the Japanese mainland isles (Kyushu IIRC) in '47 after nuking it's shores. Well, that operation could have funny results.
It was Operation Downfall and involved an all-out assault on Kyushu and Honshu assisted by several nukes. The operation was due to happen from October '45 to mid-'46.
The effects of nuclear bombs were not fully known or understood at the time - obviously, so they didn't take radiation and such into account.

It was Operation Downfall and involved an all-out assault on Kyushu and Honshu assisted by several nukes. The operation was due to happen from October '45 to mid-'46.
The effects of nuclear bombs were not fully known or understood at the time - obviously, so they didn't take radiation and such into account.

Thanks for the clarification :).

^^^ Holy spam it hurts my eyes!

How is that you play as Germany and allied with Japan?

So an interesting thing happened after I was so focused on my Japanese game along these lines:
Go democratic
Release Korea, Formasa
Help China be free (That was helped with AoG/Germany annexing Qing Empire)
Defeat Germany in Asia via events and manual DoW since chain was broken
Release Republic of China and allow total freedom

My plan was to then invade America First Union since they're Paternal Autocrat "Evil to Japan", then suddenly, AUS joined MittelEuropa and fight with Germany. Meanwhile, Russian went Syndicalist after going the Senate route and joined the Internationale, so Germany had to fight on two fronts. Here are the results.

America was too late.

Now, Europe is lost, I could declare war on Australasia since, at this time, is with the Internationale, free colony--- ally. Its really a strange world, but a fun one! I had to rearrange my entire war effort, sure I'm cheating but I'm "roleplaying".

EDIT: Oh and White Ruthenia defeated Poland when Poland declared war on them... while White Ruthenia was allied to Russia. SMART.

Last edited: