Automatically choose species to colonize with if there's only one valid choice

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

InvisibleBison

Field Marshal
45 Badges
Oct 14, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
If you only have one species in your country that is eligible to use to build a colony ship, the game should automatically select that species when you construct a colony ship instead of making you manually choose it.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Fewer clicks is always nice, might be a reason to fiddle with colonization forbidden species rights. Would be good if you could even forbid your founder species so that you'll colonize with droid everywhere and the appropriate species will immigrate to a new planet.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If you only have one species in your country that is eligible to use to build a colony ship, the game should automatically select that species when you construct a colony ship instead of making you manually choose it.

There are certain times when you wouldn't want this to be the case. Say if you're going to turn the planet into a Resort World, which can turn a Tomb World into a 100% habitable planet.

There are certain times when you wouldn't want this to be the case. Say if you're going to turn the planet into a Resort World, which can turn a Tomb World into a 100% habitable planet.
Why would the fact that you're going to turn a planet into a resort world make you want to engage in some unnecessary micro when constructing the colonization ship?

Reactions:
Why would the fact that you're going to turn a planet into a resort world make you want to engage in some unnecessary micro when constructing the colonization ship?

If I want to send my founder species, but its a 20% habitability, or lower planet, the option you suggest would prevent that, even though I was going to turn it into a Resort World right after the colonists get there.

If I want to send my founder species, but its a 20% habitability, or lower planet, the option you suggest would prevent that, even though I was going to turn it into a Resort World right after the colonists get there.
How would skipping the part where you click the only species in the list of species prevent you from colonizing a low habitability planet?

Reactions:
How would skipping the part where you click the only species in the list of species prevent you from colonizing a low habitability planet?

Because my founder species might not be the only one there? There might be species with slightly higher habitability, but I want to choose my founder species anyway. Or possibly something else?

Because my founder species might not be the only one there? There might be species with slightly higher habitability, but I want to choose my founder species anyway. Or possibly something else?
If you are in a situation where you can choose between different species to colonize with, the change I'm suggesting wouldn't appear. It would only show up if there is only one species you could use to build a colony ship, either because there is only one species in your nation or because there is only one species with colonization rights.

Reactions: