• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Crimson

Captain
54 Badges
Mar 13, 2006
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Cities in Motion
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • War of the Vikings
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
How can you receive the other nationalities which exist in Austria as national cultures (Hungarian, Croat, Czech, Polish or Romanian) ?

I looked through the event files but only found events which add Czech and Polish as national cultures but I couldn't find out anything about Hungarian or Croat.

Thanks in advance for a quick answer
Crimson

You also get to add Slovene culture.

In the latest version we decided to change the representation of Austria-Hungary to follow the same protocol as other personal unions, i.e. master/puppet relationship. For that reason, Hungary becomes a Dominion following the Ausgleich, and it is able to gain Croat culture afterwards. In the hotfix we are planning on putting in an intermediate route whereby you keep Hungary, gain Hungarian culture, but don't get to gain the other cultures (partly due to balance).

So you can choose to have a federal Austria and a Hungary as a dominion or Austria-Hungary with only those two cultures accepted? sounds interesting, can't wait.
BTW. playing as Russia, how do you get rid of those Krepostnoy and turned them into Russians? I thought it was after the end of serfdom (1861 historicaly), but I'm well into 1863 and nothing happened. And I have that Evropeizirovat party ruling. Also I didn't get the chinese provinces around Vladivostok, why is that? (but I guess I can always neville this one).

BTW. playing as Russia, how do you get rid of those Krepostnoy and turned them into Russians? I thought it was after the end of serfdom (1861 historicaly), but I'm well into 1863 and nothing happened. And I have that Evropeizirovat party ruling. Also I didn't get the chinese provinces around Vladivostok, why is that? (but I guess I can always neville this one).
Emancipate the serfs following the Crimean War. There are a few events for various alternatives, but you'll need to emancipate them in any choice. There is also the possibility of getting Polish culture if you select the most liberal choices, IIRC.

well I only got the "Alexander II" event that changed my ruling party to euro-stuff. It said nothing about the emancipation.
P.S. After I reloaded before the war and played through it, it all fired properly. But I still didn't get those chinese provinces.

Last edited: