• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To pose a variant of the question raised by loup99: how long until the SGF poses a greater threat to you than the Prussians?

Good to see you prevail again, but the rate of casualties is high. Still, a victory is a victory.

Looking back at my screenshots, I hadnt deleted them all ... I may have misread it :D

e0o0Jab.png

As for hegemony, I stopped competing with the South Germans over the German minors so to avoid the diplomatic hits. A (South) German-Poland-Austrian-Spanish alliance is quite a strong partnership ... I think. As long as everyone can stay friends. The South Germans already don't see eye to eye with me when crisis occur. I had hoped to bribe the French into a war with Russia, and thus destroy their powerful alliance but the south Germans keep backing the Ruskies ... So I haven't tried that :p

You can't form Großdeutschland in vanilla too, so I guess that is an issue.

Can't you? I'd have swrorn to have seen AaaRs forming Germany as Austria before
Without PDM? I might be wrong then, but anyway it isn't Großdeutschland proper bur rather some sort of Austrian version of the German Empire.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. Personally, I am not looking to form GD although I think the South Germans can at least form the German Empire if Prussia sinks to the ranks of secondary powers once again and is placed in the former's SOI.

My own goal is to remain a independent Great Power, Austria all the way!

The last time I played, I opted for the dual monarchy as quickly as I could go increase the number of Guard brigades I had access to. From what I have read, a balanced Guard/infantry army is required and I have enough South German pops to form as many Guard brigades as I need. So I figured I would remain as Austria for the time being.