• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I feel like Australia is quite often overlooked in these kinds of games, besides the situation with Japan. Will HOI 4 allow the country to join forces with Japan or have any other unique national focuses/events?
There is no unique national focus except for the top seven and Poland. The generic tree however has "Nationalism Focus" which tilts you over towards Fascism. You can also hire an advisor that also pushes you in that direction. These two together should enable you to Join Axis, or if Japan has its own faction, join that.
See https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...h-development-diary-1st-of-april-2016.917096/

There might be one or two events for Australia, though that is just speculation as I don't recall any video with them.

Reactions:
The only chance Australia has is if they release a Commonwealth DLC as one of the two (announced) future major expansions.
Despite having a large impact (Tobruk, PNG etc) for our size it's our size holding us back. Australia only had a population of around 7 million of which approximately 1 million served in the military during WW2.
Start comparing that to some other countries without their own national focus trees like China or basically any European country and you start to get the point.
Also I imagine Australia will start in the Commonwealth (as it should) and be in the Allies by default with little options about it.

The only chance Australia has is if they release a Commonwealth DLC as one of the two (announced) future major expansions.
Despite having a large impact (Tobruk, PNG etc) for our size it's our size holding us back. Australia only had a population of around 7 million of which approximately 1 million served in the military during WW2.
Start comparing that to some other countries without their own national focus trees like China or basically any European country and you start to get the point.
Also I imagine Australia will start in the Commonwealth (as it should) and be in the Allies by default with little options about it.
My guess is for first dlc as Chinese DLC likeliest, extending timline and possible even adding 1945 startdate. With Chinese nations getting focuses.
But a naval/aviation dlc with commonwealth countries getting focuses is also very likely. After all, Raj+Aus+NZ+Canada+SAfrica is quite a lot of industry. Until then, it is not unreasonable for them to get a shared commonwealth tree.
Spain+Sweden+Finland are also very likely to get own focuses. The central europe/balkan states, although deserving, would be very hard to give focuses as they are diplomatically handled by USSR+Ger.

My guess is for first dlc as Chinese DLC likeliest, extending timline and possible even adding 1945 startdate. With Chinese nations getting focuses.
But a naval/aviation dlc with commonwealth countries getting focuses is also very likely. After all, Raj+Aus+NZ+Canada+SAfrica is quite a lot of industry. Until then, it is not unreasonable for them to get a shared commonwealth tree.
Spain+Sweden+Finland are also very likely to get own focuses. The central europe/balkan states, although deserving, would be very hard to give focuses as they are diplomatically handled by USSR+Ger.
They said they won't ever change the time line

They said they won't ever change the time line
Have they said they will not change the timeline in future dlc? Afaik it was in regards to release game, as there was complaints it stops in 1948 and not later which previous HoI games did.

I still question Victoria being the capital of the nation (it has the most VPs by far). Victoria ! Queensland was the engine room of the nation and everyone knows it !

;P

Reactions:
I still question Victoria being the capital of the nation (it has the most VPs by far). Victoria ! Queensland was the engine room of the nation and everyone knows it !

;P

I'm happy with either Victoria or Queensland being the 'engine room' of the nation. As long as it isn't NSW the dirty dirty cockroaches.

Have they said they will not change the timeline in future dlc? Afaik it was in regards to release game, as there was complaints it stops in 1948 and not later which previous HoI games did.
I've been checking around and I might have mistaken wiz comments about eu4 for podcat on hearts of iron. I did find podcat saying they won't extend it but that was for launch. We'll have to see.

Even though you can keep playing at 48? The HORROR!

@uglyduckling81

I'm not sure how a bunch of Commonwealth countries' National Focus trees can be construed as a 'major expansion'.

I'm sure it will include other stuff like air resupply and various other things they missed in the base game.

Maybe some other mechanic to do with more complex allied battle plans.

Would be nice to get a Commonwealth Nations National Focus included as part of it. Flesh the game out in many areas rather than just one particular area.