Australia - Hungary Achievement issue

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KLorberau

Colonel
23 Badges
Oct 28, 2003
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
I have tried like 10 times to get this achievement, which is supposed to be very easy. Problem is when I play Australia and turn Fascist Germany refuses to allow me into Axis, thus dooming my game as I cannot get into Germany. I have tried it with all DLCs turned on, some turned on, even all turned off. Historical on and not on. Nothing works. What gives?

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you use the Our Own Empire focus to break away from the UK before sending your request? There's a big modifier to reject a faction join request if the requester is a subject or in another faction.

Edit: Actually, looking over the focus tree, Demand New Zealand has the same effect and is a prerequisite for Our Own Empire. Which means Our Own Empire really only give the ability to create your own faction, that's not great for a 70-day focus. And the whole thing requires New Zealand to get out of the Allies in the first place. Who thought this was a good idea?

Last edited:
Reactions:
It's been years since I got this achievement back in one of the Man The Guns patches (1.7.1, I think). Back then, if you deactivated the Together for Victory and Man the Guns DLCs, you could leave the Allies immediately, and turn Fascist with the generic tree, and join the Axis without having to go to War with the Allies.

If that still works, you can send your armies to Hungary, paradrop behind the Hungarian frontline, and then annex them in the resulting peace conference. I'm not sure if you can still do this with all the patches since then. If you really want the achievement with a minimum of hassle, it may be best to roll back to an older version of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did you use the Our Own Empire focus to break away from the UK before sending your request? There's a big modifier to reject a faction join request if the requester is a subject or in another faction.

Edit: Actually, looking over the focus tree, Demand New Zealand has the same effect and is a prerequisite for Our Own Empire. Which means Our Own Empire really only give the ability to create your own faction, that's not great for a 70-day focus. And the whole thing requires New Zealand to get out of the Allies in the first place. Who thought this was a good idea?

Done that....Germany says my negative modifier is because I am too far away...even tho I have 95%+ Fascist govt, and left the Allies by going down the New Zealand / Leave Allies tree....

I got this back when BFTB came out, try rolling back the patch and disabling DLC. It's much much easier that way
Which DLC is BFTB? How do you roll back the patch?

Which DLC is BFTB? How do you roll back the patch?
BFTB = Battle for the Bosporus.

Maybe this link helps :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
You can always take a different approach…as Australia, you can go commie and join Soviets, steal Italy into your own faction by going fascist, or steal the USA by staying democratic and making your own faction. Then wipe out the Axis and take all of Hungary’s core states

Warning though: Hungary will end up getting cores on Yugoslavia land. If Yugo ends up in your faction you wont be able to take the land you need for the achievement. This was an incredibly annoying thing I figured out the hard way, trying to do this by staying on the Allies.

A lot of the “lol just paradrop on their victory points” strategies you can find online are simply outdated. Not saying it cant be still be done, but the AI is much more diligent about protecting victory points, supply hubs, and ports nowadays. And paratroopers cut off from supply just melt.

Reactions:
Done that....Germany says my negative modifier is because I am too far away...even tho I have 95%+ Fascist govt, and left the Allies by going down the New Zealand / Leave Allies tree....
The AI unfortunately has weird distance calculations. As Japan, Ive taken the Netherlands and still gotten the “youre too far away” modifier not allowing me to join the Axis by just asking. Dude Im literally your next door neighbor at this point.

No doubt its calculated by distance from capitals, but its still feels super goofy.

Reactions: