• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I see no scenario where that leads to a good game.
Me neither. On the contrary, sounds like a CK1 situation (pre Johan's intervention).

Hey, guys. I've been playing hoi4 for over a year and I miss the mechanics of firing the ship. Like a nuclear strike, but from a ship, ship cannons. Pick a ship, pick a province(within range) and fire. I think that would be cool.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, guys. I've been playing hoi4 for over a year and I miss the mechanics of firing the ship. Like a nuclear strike, but from a ship, ship cannons. Pick a ship, pick a province(within range) and fire. I think that would be cool.
Specific game questions are to be posted in the relevant forum, as per OP rules. :)

I'd like to play some mods for HOI3, specifically BICE and Imperium. But this laptop is limited by the Intel 520 graphics. The kicker is that this laptop can play the vanilla version of the game, while a desktop that I bought (uses Intel 4600 for graphics) won't.

Any ideas?
I recommend asking in the relevant forum, as adviced in the OP. :)

And where would that be? I've tried elsewhere and it went nowhere. I assumed that this one would have more knowledge/expertise.

"This thread is for more general questions." -- I'm assuming that I'm not the only one having these problems.
"Specific questions about specific games that have their own forums should be asked in those forums, This thread is for more general questions."

You're asking a specific question about HoI3. That is the place to ask. Either in the general forum for the game or in the mod forum, since it's partly a modding question it seems. :)

Reactions:
"Specific questions about specific games that have their own forums should be asked in those forums, This thread is for more general questions."

You're asking a specific question about HoI3. That is the place to ask. Either in the general forum for the game or in the mod forum, since it's partly a modding question it seems. :)
I edited my question to make it more generic.

Reactions:
Hmmm. one mod was made on 4600 and won't work on 520.
Using the same site, I see both 520 and 4600 is much weaker than Geforce 8800, the card required according to the steam page for hoi3.

• 1Like
Reactions:
>Geforce 8800, the card required according to the steam page for hoi3.

I didn't know that! Thanks!

Interesting that my Intel 520 could handle HOI3 and I just found that the 520 is a newer card: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compa...-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-8800-GTS-512/m36797vsm8016

Is there a way to find a newer graphics card?

I gave myself a panic attack thinking that I would be able to buy any more computer games and computers (this gets expensive real quick!).

Last edited:
Where did you see that?

When I ask for help on PI I get asked:

"On your motherboard, what is the interface available? AGP or PCI-Express?
For your monitor, what is the connection type(s) available? DVI, VGA, Display Port, HDMI?"

It's been a long time since something was asked here, but I'll just ask anyway:

Was it intentional or coincidence that Paradoch (originally) wanted to release DLCs three days in a row and if it was intentional why? Did Paradox want to know where the players run to first?

I mean, we all only have limited free time and limited capital for games and three in a week is a bit much, right?