• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eliseon

Second Lieutenant
25 Badges
Aug 10, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
As we all know the only way to lower army maintance is through the economic window, turning of all armies on your nation.
In the other hand navies have the benefit of being able to get the maintance off in the level of each individual stack (the anchor icon on navy menu).
I would like to suggest such a quality of life feauture for armies as well... it would allow for better military and economic management. Turning off all your armies at once is just asking for trouble and its more of an inconvinience most of the time than not. If we were able to do it per stack, we could balance out our income, leave armies inactive while others fight etc, avoiding unpleasant situations during war or peace.
I think it is a really minor but important thing that would improve the experience of the game!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
As we all know the only way to lower army maintance is through the economic window, turning of all armies on your nation.
In the other hand navies have the benefit of being able to get the maintance off in the level of each individual stack (the anchor icon on navy menu).
I would like to suggest such a quality of life feauture for armies as well... it would allow for better military and economic management. Turning off all your armies at once is just asking for trouble and its more of an inconvinience most of the time than not. If we were able to do it per stack, we could balance out our income, leave armies inactive while others fight etc, avoiding unpleasant situations during war or peace.
I think it is a really minor but important thing that would improve the experience of the game!
Agree, so useful when you have stacks spread across the whole world.

So many times have I wanted to reduce army maintenance of my European army at peace while still maintaining the Indian one at war

• 2Love
Reactions:
A very practical option
It can be as a check box in each force unit and its button can be placed in the military header
so that the cost of any army whose check box is on will be reduced

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A very practical option
It can be as a check box in each force unit and its button can be placed in the military header
so that the cost of any army whose check box is on will be reduced
Although I wonder what is the historical argument behind the function “lower army maintenance”.
EU4 already has a tendency to make large use of standing armies already in 1444, when most of Europe (at least, I don’t know about the rest of the world) still relied on levies and mercenaries. The Black Army of Hungary was actually one of the Early standing armies (and is represented in game as a merc company)

Lowering army maintenance is basically like not paying your soldiers… should they not desert en masse ?

Reactions: