Armageddon 1.3 Beta 2 (24/04/2009) is now up (general comments/questions only please)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm, in my current game as Germany I got hit for dissent once from '36 to Oct '39 and lost about 6-10 blueprints, sounds ok to me.

But I have another issue, is it possible that it Allies AI is building lots of (too many?) TPs ? I already sunk/bombed about 8 of them and am currently bombing 13!... (only +20% IC/res/MP for the AI for this testrun of beta 2, so I dont think that this is the culprit).

tpsk.jpg

CharonJr

Well if you can easily sink that many perhaps it needs to build many. Just a thought.

Hmm, but I can not remember having seen such large numbers of TPs ever before (except in 1 mod where the AI was given free TPs since the AI DOES lose them too often).

If those are free TPs it would be fine, but otherwise it looks like wasted IC to me. Maybe there could be a AI routine which ports them away from the Channel coast one France has fallen (no clue if this is even possible).

Just found 4 additional TPs in Norwich, so the AI has lost 25 TPs now, I dont even want to calculate what this means in IC-days...

CharonJr

CharonJr, I cannot comment the TP "bug" because it is more about the AI settings, but in this EXE version AI production sliders has been tweaked (it overproduces CG in 1.3 beta1 or wasted IC on no production in 1.2) and I'm expecting AI to build more units because of this change. IIRC we also tweaked some of the AI countries to spend less IC on upgrades in early game years which also results in more units when the war starts.

I think the lack of defense/sitting in ports close to enemy aircraft is the bigger problem. Can the AI be tweaked to base its fleets-in-building in more remote ports, and to protect its transports on the move?

I dont know if it can be done: Nat Chi AI, as a puppet of Japan, should share tech with JAP.
That's very easily done in one of 3 ways
1) have the surrender event load a new ai file which will tell it to trade and share techs with Japan
2) modify the surrender event so that U87 gets released instead of Nationalist China.
3) Use the acceptall cheat when proposing a reasonable deal.

A small pet peeve:
UCH_DESC;The end of the 19th century saw the gradual disintegration of the Ming Empire. China became a battleground between the powers with Russia and Japan fighting for control of Manchuria. For many Chinese nationalists the situation was intolerable and the revolution that overthrew the Ming Emperor was, with hindsight, inevitable. The result of the revolution nearly saw the destruction of China, as rival warlords carved out their power bases while, in the south, the Nationalists and Communists vied for power. However, just when it looked like China was doomed, the surprise death of Mao led to the more pragmatic Deng Xiaoping becoming leader of the CCP. Putting the needs of China ahead of the revolution, a deal was struck with the KMT and the united forces quickly brought the warlords to heel. The Chinese state was at its strongest for centuries and would need to be, as none of its neighbours looked friendly.;La fin du 19e siècle vit la désintégration progressive de l’Empire Ming. La Chine était devenue un champ de bataille entre la Russie et le Japon qui se disputaient le contrôle de la Mandchourie. Pour bon nombre de nationalistes chinois, la situation était;The end of the 19th century saw the gradual disintegration of the Ming Empire. China became a battleground between the powers with Russia and Japan fighting for control of Manchuria. For many Chinese nationalists the situation was intolerable and the revolution that overthrew the Ming Emperor was, with hindsight, inevitable. The result of the revolution nearly saw the destruction of China, as rival warlords carved out their power bases while, in the south, the Nationalists and Communists vied for power. However, just when it looked like China was doomed, the surprise death of Mao led to the more pragmatic Deng Xiaoping becoming leader of CCP. Putting the needs of China ahead of the revolution, a deal was struck with the KMT and the united forces quickly brought the warlords to heel. The Chinese state was at its strongest for centuries and would need to be, as none of its neighbours looked friendly.;El final del siglo XIX presenció la desintegración parcial del imperio Ming. China se convirtió en el campo de batalla de las fuerzas de Rusia y Japón, que competían por el control de Manchuria. Para muchos nacionalistas chinos, la situación era intolerable y la revolución que derrocaría al emperador Ming era, en cierto modo, inevitable. El resultado de la revolución casi destruye China, a medida que los señores de la guerra se iban haciendo más fuertes en bases de poder, mientras que en el sur, los nacionalistas y los comunistas luchaban por el control. Sin embargo, justo cuando parecía que el país estaba condenado, la repentina muerte de Mao convirtió al pragmático Deng Xiaoping en el líder del Partido Comunista Chino. Al primar las necesidades del país por encima de la revolución, pactó con los nacionalistas y así las fuerzas unidas lograron controlar a los señores de la guerra rápidamente. El estado chino estaba en su momento más fuerte desde hacía siglos y mejor que así fuera, porque ninguno de sus vecinos parecía demasiado amistoso.;Am Ende des 19. Jahrhunderts war das Kaiserreich der Ming-Dynastie mitten in einem sukzessiven Auflösungsprozess. China wurde zum Schlachtfeld zweier Mächte, denn Russland und Japan kämpften um die Kontrolle der Mandschurei. Für viele chinesische Nationalisten war die Situation intolerabel und die Revolution, die die Ming-Herrschaft stürzte, war im Nachhinein betrachtet unvermeidbar. Doch das Ergebnis der Revolution war beinahe das Ende Chinas, rivalisierende Kriegsherren zerstörten einander die Machtgrundlagen, während im Süden Nationalisten und Kommunisten um die Befehlsgewalt wetteiferten. Gerade als China dem Untergang nahe schien, sorgte der überraschende Tod Mao Zedongs für einen Machtwechsel in der KPCh, der noch pragmatischere Deng Xiaoping wurde ihr Vorsitzender. Er stellte die Bedürfnisse Chinas über die Revolution (welche warten konnte) und verhandelte mit der Kuomintang. Die vereinten Truppen konnten die Kriegsherren schnell unter Kontrolle bringen. Der chinesische Staat war so stark wie Jahrhunderte lang nicht mehr und das war auch nötig, da keiner seiner Nachbarn freundlich gestimmt schien.;;;;;;X

(In Boostertext.csv)

I know the Armageddon fantasy scenario is a little ahistorical, but PLEASE, the Ming Dynasty fell in 1644. It was the Qing Dynasty that fell in 1911. Just replace every instance of Ming with Qing in that passage and you should be OK.

Also--the Italian text is in English? (tells Mussolini to ally with the British as in WW1:confused:)

Last edited:
1) have the surrender event load a new ai file which will tell it to trade and share techs with Japan
2) modify the surrender event so that U87 gets released instead of Nationalist China.
Option 3 won't work in mp though.

I requested that, not because I do not know how to find a workaround solution, but for everybody and also that Nat Chi will on its own propose blueprints.

All you need is an ai file, call it "wangchina.ai" or something like that and have event 3819 load this. It should include these lines:
befriend = {
JAP = 100
MAN = 100
}
protect = {
JAP = 100
MAN = 100
}
trade = {
favored = {
JAP = 100
MAN = 100
}
embargo = { SOV MON CHC }
cancel_deal_threshold = 2.0000
}
tech_sharing = {
favored = {
JAP = 100
MAN = 100
}
embargo = { SOV MON CHC }
}

I think this would be within the patch team mandate.

Last edited:
Sounds reasonable. How about a china that a democratic usa can release?

In a '36 campaign, AI Poland had produced 80+ divisions by september 1939. How could they support all these divisions?Maybe there should be limits on building sivisions?

Maybe the AI traded well. Or maybe it build many militia, so supplies are not really a concern. Spamming infantry is the best way for Poland to survive, so kudos to whoever made the AI do that.

icl_1936.ai file is missing the lines

military =
{
relative_build_scheme = no
max_batch_peace = 360
max_batch_war = 180
max_batch_home_front = 180

CTD for liberated Iceland games.

Regards.

It is my personal solution.
1) # After the victory over Axis members each other

event = {
id = 128021
random = no
country = USA
#persistent = yes

trigger = {
ai = yes
government = democratic
local_flag = USAEmbargoGER_ITA_JAP
alliance = { country = USA country = ITA }
NOT = {
alliance = { country = USA country = GER }
alliance = { country = USA country = JAP }
}
}

name = "AI_EVENT"
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
offset = 3
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1948 }

action_a = {
command = { type = local_clrflag which = USAEmbargoGER_ITA_JAP }
command = { type = local_setflag which = USAEmbargoGER_JAP }
command = { type = ai which = "switch/USA_Embargo_GER_JAP.ai" }
}
}
event = {
id = 128017
random = no
country = USA
#persistent = yes

trigger = {
ai = yes
government = democratic
OR = {
local_flag = USAEmbargoGER_JAP
}
OR = {
not = { exists = ITA }
}
OR = {
not = { exists = GER }
}
NOT = {
}
}

name = "AI_EVENT"
style = 0

offset = 3

action_a = {
command = { type = local_clrflag which = USAEmbargoGER_JAP }
command = { type = local_setflag which = USAEmbargoJAP }
command = { type = ai which = "switch/USA_Embargo_JAP.ai" }
}
}
event = {
id = 128018
random = no
country = USA
#persistent = yes

trigger = {
ai = yes
government = democratic
OR = {
local_flag = USAEmbargoGER_JAP
local_flag = USAEmbargoJAP
}
OR = {
not = { exists = ITA }
}
OR = {
not = { exists = GER }
}
OR = {
not = { exists = JAP }
}
}

name = "AI_EVENT"
style = 0

offset = 3

action_a = {
command = { type = local_clrflag which = USAEmbargoGER_JAP }
command = { type = local_clrflag which = USAEmbargoJAP }
command = { type = ai which = "switch/USA_No Embargo.ai" }
}
}

then proceeded "USA_no Embargo.ai". It is work.

2) # No Trade Embargo by Allies (by Yuni)

###################################
# Diplomacy
###################################

trade = {
embargo = { }
}
tech_sharing = {
embargo = { }
}

I updated from Beta1, and after two month the game crashes (playing as germany), started a new game same result (before the game was not crashing at all) tried reinstalling and started a new game... same results.

Anybody experiencing the same?? I'm Using xp

I could solve this problem by changing the game language to English...

I played in German when the CTD occured...

@MartinBG, thx for the reply. And yes, it really looks like the AI is building lots of units now, with the additional boni I gave to the AIs Japan has about 200 INF in addition to 15 MTN and about 50 GAR by mid October '39 which is quite sensible with Nat.Chi.

Japan has 20 TPs while Italy has 9.

I just hope that this will not lead to heavy TC problems later on, but so far it looks good.

CharonJr

Problem solved!!

I could solve this problem by changing the game language to English...

I played in German when the CTD occured...

Thanck you man! There was the problem! After reinstalling over 10 times and trying different patch sequences I gave up yesterday:confused:, and today you give me the solution:):)

I was playing with spanish language.

Please patch developers try changing the language to see if you got CTD

Thanck you man! There was the problem! After reinstalling over 10 times and trying different patch sequences I gave up yesterday:confused:, and today you give me the solution:):)

I was playing with spanish language.

Please patch developers try changing the language to see if you got CTD
So it seems we messed something up when translating the strings to german and spanish from beta 1 to beta 2.

So much for higly paid translators..... :D

I think the lack of defense/sitting in ports close to enemy aircraft is the bigger problem. Can the AI be tweaked to base its fleets-in-building in more remote ports, and to protect its transports on the move?
more protection for transports on the move need exe changes, this wont be changed since it will most likely severely mess up the AI's ability to form combat fleets.

The port problem is basicly a problem with the AI sending ships into port to repair, but when continuesly bombed the Admiral AI wont send damaged ships to sea, so they will stay in port to fully repaired or dead. If we allowed them to go to see damaged the AI will sail around the high seas with heavily damaged ships which will be even worse.

I suggest to not exploit this inoptimal AI behaviour by not making continued port strikes against AI.