• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jamhaw

Lt. General
21 Badges
Feb 16, 2008
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Majesty 2
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Diplomacy
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • 200k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
Are you adding mouse wheel zooming? It seems that Arsenal of Democracy will be adding it, are you?

Okay you don't need to both rub it in. :eek:o

Usually you can scroll the side of the touchpad for the same effect.

Have you tried it?

It's kinda broken. I don't really know why. That's pretty much why I only play EU3 at the moment (there are buttons on the interface for zooming in or out).

Also, I never really understood why games would not include some kind of interface to allow you to set up your own shortcuts, just like some other softwares.

It's kinda broken. I don't really know why. That's pretty much why I only play EU3 at the moment (there are buttons on the interface for zooming in or out).

Also, I never really understood why games would not include some kind of interface to allow you to set up your own shortcuts, just like some other softwares.
Try asking this in a forum of your laptop manufacturer.

Maybe you could change the scroll from up/down to left/right.

Most touchpads have both functionalities but I seldom use the left/right one. So if you wouldn't mind losing it, you may find a way of "exchanging the axis" of the scroll.

IMO touchpads suck for that. I've wound up using a seperate mouse with my lappy.
So I agree there still should be keyboard shortcuts for zooming. For those people that don't want to have to use a seperate mouse and can't get the dodgy touchpad scroll working.

One thing though. Is it possible to have both a keyboard shortcut and the mousewheel, please? (for those of us playing with a laptop :) )
YodaMaster said:
Shortcuts for zoom are +/- but why not use the mouse wheel instead?
Not clear enough? ;)

Not clear enough? ;)
:rofl:
Trouble is we are all so desperate for the game to come out, we are trying to nitpick and discuss every little thing.:p
I've never even tried EU2 or AGCEEP but I'm still desperate to play. FTG seems to be the game I wish EU3 was.

Btw, while we are at shortcuts, Pause key is still the standard key for pausing the game but we implemented an alternate shortcut. It is F9 by default but this key can be redefined.

All shortcuts are in the specific text file for interface buttons.

And right click was missing for locking sliders...

Not clear enough? ;)

No. ;)

You should have used 'but why not use the mouse wheel as well?' rather than 'instead'. :D :p

Its gonna be a happy Christmas indeed. Can't wait.

Ayeshteni

For me mouse wheel is unnecessary with a 2d map engine as Eu2 or FTG one, because zoom is not gradual.

For me are better + and - buttons.

I prefer to use mouse wheel with time speed. Do everyone agree? :D