Are there ways to mass promote your own culture to everyone in your realm?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Spikee78

First Lieutenant
24 Badges
Jan 2, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Hi,

Like the title says, is it possible to do like a mass marketing campaign to convince your realm to align with the capital's culture?

I know the steward can do that for a single county but thats slow going.

You can try educating your vassals heirs to adopt your culture, though unless they love you you might need a hook to get the to agree. Then they'd still have to convert the culture of their counties rather than adopt local culture, which is a crapshoot, but it can't hurt.

When you give counties to vassals they will eventually turn the county to their culture. I conquered Andalucia and shared it between my italian, french, german courtiers and after decades it turned most Andalucia In a patchwork of various european cultures. Here and there survived counties which were "andalusian" and catholics.

I wonder though, in comparison to North Africa, which was shared into big duchies(each Duke owning several counties at once), If assigning every county to an individual count has consequences. Think about it, the more counts= the more stewards will eventually convert lands.

Reactions:
It's more a game of chance of whether they culture convert the county back or choose the decision.
I think it's weighted by their liege culture and whether there are nearby counties of their culture - i.e. an Italian in France with a French liege will probably adopt local culture, but if you culture convert a single province of a newly conquered land then the local count is more likely to try and convert his province back.

If you're going down this route, reforming your religion to have communal identity helps. If the religion of the land matches yours then it speeds up culture conversion.