• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Froggie

Major
47 Badges
Oct 4, 2013
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • War of the Vikings
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Knights of Honor
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Are formable nations and formable cultures now present in the game yet?

During the twitch streams at pre-release they advertised that you could form a nation and then create a unified culture from the culture-groups, which wasn't actually in at release. I was wondering if this is now a thing.

On a separate note, I have just re-downloaded IR and am going to give it another shot "one year on..." from my measly 36 hour played.

• 1Like
Reactions:
During the twitch streams at pre-release they advertised that you could form a nation and then create a unified culture from the culture-groups, which wasn't actually in at release. I was wondering if this is now a thing.
Culture will be overhauled with the next Update this Summer (1.5 Menander). We will see how it will work then. So far I haven't noticed such a feature in game, but maybe I'm missing something here.

Reactions:
1.5. will have multicultural empires, see the recent dev diaries

I haven't been keeping an eye on IR dev diaries but i'll have a look, thanks.

On a separate note i've been playing IR for about 7 hours today and I must say that it is a hell of a lot more balanced than it was a year ago!

Reactions:

On a separate note, I have just re-downloaded IR and am going to give it another shot "one year on..." from my measly 36 hour played.
Well, the Yuezhi culture doesn’t exist at the beginning of the game anymore and it’s possible that they form when their immigration events begin and their ruler is Yuezhi culture ( this event happens middle and end of the game if you have some territories to the northeast of Bactria ) afterwards you can form Kushan after getting some territories in the region

Well although I don't know if it's exactly that kind of thing you would like to know

Are formable nations and formable cultures now present in the game yet?
Formable nations were in at game start? Prittania, Argead Empire, and Egypt at least? Yuezhui as above doesn't exist at game start. Unifying culture via tag formation still not in sadly, would be nice with how some barb tags like Saxonnia can only be formed whilst tribal, and you can culture convert very easily as a migratory tribe

• 3Like
Reactions:
Formable nations were in at game start? Prittania, Argead Empire, and Egypt at least? Yuezhui as above doesn't exist at game start. Unifying culture via tag formation still not in sadly, would be nice with how some barb tags like Saxonnia can only be formed whilst tribal, and you can culture convert very easily as a migratory tribe

Yeah that's what i meant! I'm a bit surprised that unified cultures STILL isn't in yet considering it was advertised months prior to release.

Reactions:
Yeah that's what i meant! I'm a bit surprised that unified cultures STILL isn't in yet considering it was advertised months prior to release.
Well its going to be interesting to see what they do in the next patch, as mass assimilation happened normally once people were granted citizenship, granting after the social wars, and granting during the empire. But I think they'll probably go the same way as how holy sites give a mass debuff to conversion, even though they really should aid conversion if you can get a loyal priesthood

Reactions:

It was. Crete afaik was formable from the very start and the culture used is Cretan.

Reactions:
There are already a few formable nations that require you to have certain cultures, although it's limited to only a few different cultures. For example, forming Aquitania requires you to be of Aquitani culture in order to form it:

form_aquitania = {

potential = {
num_of_cities >= 1
country_culture = aquitani
NOT = {
tag = AQI
}

From the looks of it, it seems that almost every formable nation requires you to be a specific culture, with only a few exceptions (cyprus doesn't require you to have any culture). These formable tags and their culture requirements have always been in the game AFAIK. Were you asking if every culture had a unique cultural formable, or whether certain cultures are able to form nations in general?

During the twitch streams at pre-release they advertised that you could form a nation and then create a unified culture from the culture-groups

Huh, I must have missed that. I wonder why it never made it to the release version, but now the whole assimilation system makes more sense to me, if they designed it with unified cultures in mind. I always wondered why would all Greeks adopt local Cretan customs if you unify Greece as Crete for example, instead of melting together into one Greek culture. But if the idea was from the beginning to create a unified culture and assimilate all local varieties into it, then the focus on assimilation feels more reasonable.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Culture will be overhauled with the next Update this Summer (1.5 Menander). We will see how it will work then. So far I haven't noticed such a feature in game, but maybe I'm missing something here.
Rebellions right now form along cultural boundaries, often creating new nations... so I guess that is a form of cultural formable?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Huh, I must have missed that. I wonder why it never made it to the release version, but now the whole assimilation system makes more sense to me, if they designed it with unified cultures in mind. I always wondered why would all Greeks adopt local Cretan customs if you unify Greece as Crete for example, instead of melting together into one Greek culture. But if the idea was from the beginning to create a unified culture and assimilate all local varieties into it, then the focus on assimilation feels more reasonable.

I'm pretty sure they explained at the time that it was added in during the dev play through. It's one of the biggest things that has been a disappointment given that it's such a simple feature to complete.

• 1Like
Reactions: