• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(262)

Estratega
Aug 29, 2000
usuarios.tripod.es
I have been working in an Aragon scenario.

Aragon merged with Castilla after the marriage between Fernando and Isabel. So, we could talk about Spain after that marriage, but Aragon kept on existing with their laws. The Aragonese realm had these EU provinces: Aragon, Rosellon, Gerona, Catalonia, Valencia, The Balears, Malta, Sardinia, Messina and Sicily. Naples was a vassal of the Aragonese crown, not the Castillian.

I have hacked the 1492.inc file, cutting those Spanish provinces and pasting in the ARG country. I put these lines before Granada tag, because of the structure must be like that. I place a small army in Aragon and a naval fleet in Catalonia. All this worked fine, as far as I know. I based this country taking Spain as a reference. I lowered the settlers rate to 1, and put trade similar to Venice, because of historical reasons.
I even added two alliances tags: Royal Marriage between Spain and Aragon (although it should be Castilla and Aragon, but Castilla is not defined in the game) and a war alliance between the two, expiring both in 1700 (Spanish succesion war).
I put some identity number to these alliances and military units, folllowing the scheme I figured out reading the file: 1015 for the infantry unit and 1020 for the naval unit; 16 and 17 for the alliances.

I managed to change the EUG file, that's easy.

After loading the scenario, I paused the game. The boundaries are OK, the armies are well placed, the alliances are OK (only one of them referred to expire in 0, instead of 1700). Naples is a vassal of Aragon, that's worked too.
But after a while, perhaps 3 days or so of playing time, the game crashes.

I just was wondering if any knowledgeable person might be interested in have a look to the files, so that could find where I have mistaken. I supose that with the method of try-and-mistake I, sooner or later, could find the wrong step, but I have scarcely time.

My e-mail: aleal@wanadoo.es

Thanks in advance.