• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FirephoenixZ

Recruit
4 Badges
Dec 15, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Every time I close the game, 'exit to Desktop'. The game is sill running. When I return to my computer hours later to login again, it gives me the error - game is already running. However, the game is not open anymore. I have to forcefully end task for ck3 in task manager. This happens every single time now since the update. I have gotten used to force closing it, however definitely wanted to push back the feedback. I did not have this problem with CK2 or CK3 before the recent update. The game is not crashing. The game is closed the proper method. The game persists in the background. I have a nice gaming laptop, and performance is not an issue.

Please let me know about a fix, or updates.

Thanks!

In task Manager-processes, is it ck3.exe or something else that you need to terminate to fix this?

Yes, exactly. The ck3.exe persists after quitting to desktop. Just now I am logging on again from this afternoon, and steam says app is already running, and I must go an stop ck3.exe to be able to launch it again.

The only thing I know of that's caused that for any game in the past is an antivirus app hanging onto that process. What one do you use? Make sure ck3.exe is in all its exceptions lists.